Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 06:54 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Good morning all Dogsey peeps

Freezing cold and still very dark but thankfully it's dry, and hopefully, the sun will show its face today.

Lynn, I bet that house is coming along a treat with the help of Dunelms around the corner.
Jen, hope you're getting rid of that awful cough you've had
Pat, how's that arm doing, but at least you've still got that nice weather to enjoy over there, and I think you've gone awol with that boss of yours for a while which I think might be a good idea. Maybe you could make that a permanent move soon, that'd be even better wouldn't it.
Linda, hope Loki's doing ok again now and you managed a fairly good night.
Moyra, good luck with that throbbing toe, nothing worse.
Lynne, so glad to hear your daughter has started some of her treatment, I was wondering how it was going.
Jenny, oh you did make me laugh yesterday with Flash and that leaf! I get the very same with Zena if something's caught in her fluffy pants
Sara, hope you're not having to dig yerself out of there this morning, so much snow
Sally, hope the Jimster is healing up nicely and sorry I missed you last night, got caught up with the phone stuck to me ear.
June, thanks for the gorgeous puppy fixes yesterday, I did see your beautiful pics, had my fixes

See, memory isn't too bad is it I do keep up even when I'm busy, and was too busy to get on here last night, what with ironing and the phone going.

Off to the van after my morning walk to show the new people around and hopefully, they'll be in on the 1st December, so no more van trips for me until after Christmas then.

Been summoned back to the doc's after blood tests She said they're ok apart from cholesterol, but 6 isn't too bad, and I'm going to take a copy of a letter I had from the hospital doc that I don't do statins, so he can take it outta that.

Better get myself moving, and enjoy your day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Morning Helena. We have spent a fortune in Dunelms.
Good luck at the docs today and good luck with the van. I am sure they will be chomping at the bit to get in.
Blooming cold here today.

Stay safe everyone.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2013, 07:30 AM

I am right with you Helena on the Statins - they have tried me on three different statins, the last one not being on the regular Health Fund list of meds so my then GP had to get special permission from the HF to prescribe it for me. After three attempts I refused point blank to try any more. I think too many meds are over-prescribed and that includes my BP and heart pills which were both doubled the other week after my BP had shot up. I now have a very annoying dry cough and on checking found that it was a "rare but harmless" side effect of them. Harmless is as maybe but it is darn annoying all the same so I will speak to Olga when she is here on Thursday and say I want to go back to my original dosage.

The weather has turned really hot again and when Da Booga went out at 4am it was really pleasantly warm. Now it is very hot and dry and the sun is streaming in. I was wondering the other day whether to put the duvet on my bed but I am glad I did not as I ended up taking my pjs off when I went back to bed.

Somehow I have to get across to the macolet this morning as I need salad stuff and want to choose my own not let Avner choose for me. I will leave it there though for him to bring over when he closes up at 2pm - being Tuesday he will not re-open for the usual 4-7pm.

Hope all is well with people and doglets - must go and have a ketchup now!

Have a good day everyone!

*waves to Lynn who arrived as I was typing!*
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Morning H, Lynn, Malka and all

I must go and seek out our local Dunelms! I visited one when I stayed with my friend in Devon it was huge!

I had a very quiet day yesterday so am raring to go today. I am working this afternoon (my last Tuesday until January) and looking forward to seeing how Santa's grotto is coming on, work started yesterday. The christmas trees will be on sale from Friday. I still can't get my head around this, it can't be christmas so soon can it.

Have a good day all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Normal Helena, Lynn, Malka and fellow members,

I've been up since 6.20 as I could hear my son getting ready for work (he's in London today) and of course the dogs heard him too . Unfortunately when he has training days the whole household are effected Now that its light outside it looks like it will be a pleasant day and sky actually looks pretty blue Apart from doing a decent food shop today, and walking the dogs I have nothing planned ............ ooooh and a visit to Cotton Traders to take a look at those boots that Lynne bought yesterday.

Helena - Good luck at the doctors and everything crossed that the lady wants the van .... and that you like her
Lynn - Enjoy your Dillon walk today and keep warm
Malka - I hope you manage to get over to the shop today. You won't recognise your current life once the road, pavement and ramp are all finished.

With any luck the sick bay will be empty today and all poorly dogs will be on the mend too.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Hi Moet you snuck in while I was typing. I too can't believe that we are now on the run up to Christmas. I've only been to a Dunelms twice before and it was fab .... I too think I'm going to have to pay a visit.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Morning everyone,

It's quite frosty out this morning, and I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning but not sure Rosie would have let me lol

Childminding this morning, then take Rosie out for another wander, then back at sainsbury for 4hrs busy day today

I can't believe it's nearly Christmas either, me and hubby are going shopping this weekend I think, we are thinking of going to York Christmas market on Sunday

Hope you all have a good day
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Morning! Everyone's gone to Specsavers, err, I mean Dunelms!

The huge Christmas tree they put up outside ancient Lazarus Church here is standing on the pavement already. I don't think they've finally positioned it yet - it goes right in the middle all lit up and looks fab. I'm making the effort - I've made a shrine to Santa in the hallway - plonked some of those Xmas bits I got on my Ikea shelves lol! (I won't be getting my case of x-decs out this year. Just the little wooden tree I got and I am going to take the 'family traditional ones' to Mart and Jen (Emma and Dan go for a quite stylish 'all one or two colours' job - I like our old tat! Mart goes on every year about our ancient fairy and I bought him a wonky one from a charity shop last year and tarted it up with nail varnish. Jen used to choose a new ornament every year and we still have them all.

Just returned from the lake. It is hazy and quite muggy today - instead of driving right to the lake we drove to the end of our road and crossed the little park and dual carriageway to get there it means some of the walk is getting there and getting back - especially now I won't shortcut (coz I ain't leaping no spidey ditches any more!) Took some pics and will put them up in a bit.

She is now fed, feet washed and zonked out at my feet here.

Have managed to acquire a mozzie bite on top of my left foot itches like mad. I am not reporting on my other ailments - I'm bored to death with them! Trying a new tack - ignore them and they just might GO AWAY!

Will catch up later when more have posted.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Morning everyone,

It's quite frosty out this morning, and I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning but not sure Rosie would have let me lol

Childminding this morning, then take Rosie out for another wander, then back at sainsbury for 4hrs busy day today

I can't believe it's nearly Christmas either, me and hubby are going shopping this weekend I think, we are thinking of going to York Christmas market on Sunday

Hope you all have a good day
Ohhh! My lot are posting pics on bookface of them at the xmas markets this week. I wish I was there. They have them so far in advance of Xmas tho. Last year they ended on the 4th Dec but I was over anyway. Won't see them this year. Have to live on the memories of the Xmas Markets in Berlin when Mart took me and Jen about 3 yrs ago. Now THEY do know how to put on Christmas Markets and they don't close them down early either. And of course the skating rinks and all that just look so 'right' set in the snowy parks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Morning Malka, Jenny, Mandy and Pat.
Bella looks suitably tired out.

Had nearly an hours walk with Dillon I decided to go up one of the roads which I seldom go up well it is more of a track and it is far more peaceful and cleaner. We then started back down the village towards home but I did a left down an even smaller track and we came back on the road we went up a much nicer walk.
Dillon was a g*t though sniff, pee lunge at certain smells then yank backwards he did eventually settle then has had a mad zoom around in the garden. I went down to the oil tank to measure what oil we have left and took the step with me and on the way back he went onto the garden smelt something came hurtling off straight into the step I was carrying it caught him near his eye and his cheek. Stupid dog. He seems ok just a bit more brain damaged I expect.
I will watch him and see if his eye does anything it shouldn't.
Off out in a bit for some logs. It was freezing here earlier but the sun is now coming up and it is quite warm.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »