Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sophie*
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:27 PM

Front paw turned outwards

Oscar is a 9 month old toy poodle. I've recently noticed he stands with his front paw (the right) one turned outwards. I think he's done this for a long time and he doesn't seem to be in any any pain - he walks, runs, jumps, lets me touch it etc. I held him up, supported by his chest and both paws hang down in straight line.

Should I be at all concerned? Oscar is my first dog and I have very little experience so please forgive me if I sound neurotic.

Thank you.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-03-2009, 03:12 PM
nope, you sound ,like you are a concerned pet owner and that great,i would not worry to much but a call to the vet might make you feel better ,my youngest dogo has 1 turned in paw also ,no troubles but the vet said it may cause problems down the road.there was no cause for alarm and its quite common, i wold look under the paw and see if there is anything to be concerned about the pad of the paw ....hope this makes you feel better.....good luck