View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-05-2013, 05:58 AM

Good morning Dogsey daily thread (Wednesday).

Morning everyone.
Very very windy here this morning and cold with it. At least it has stopped raining for a couple of days at least according to the weather man. The rain today the weather man has said is moving up North.
Make the most of Thursday apparently because Friday and the weekend we have low pressure again.
What is it with all this low pressure lately ?

I have woken in a sad cross mood if that's possible.
Mainly because I got in last night and Gorden is in a grumpy mood, hadn't noticed the recycling needed doing its overflowing due to me getting the bins wrong a fortnight ago plus the big dog turd on the top grass which Dillon uses. How you could miss that is any ones guess. He took the pooh bag because I told him it was there.
Go to make a cup of tea and he used the last tea bag in the jar but didn't think to refill lit. when I feel like that I can't just shut down or the house would fall apart.
He was expecting a quiet day yesterday and Michael turned up home and was up and down the stairs all day and in and out of the fridge all day. Welcome to my world.
I know its also because he is feeling under pressure about this interview tomorrow if he doesn't get it he is going to be a nightmare to live with and we will both feel like the world swallowing us up again.
Rant over phew that feels better.
Dillon woke at 6am didn't want to go to the toilet but to play with his big plastic flower pot in the garden.
At least no manic barking and he is now in snoozing.

I missed so much yesterday due to being out all day so am not sure what went on really so I will say sorry and to all those that have or had problems I hope they are fixed and everyone who was feeling poorly is feeling better.
Same for our four legged friends.
Jackie I do hope Millie is feeling more her old self again.

On the agenda for me today is walking Dillon and the usual housework and thinking about what to do for dinner.
Better get my brain working.

jenny it is very funny having such a small lightweight dog around after Dillon and walking her is like walking a feather even when she lunges.
Jimmi leave the baby birds alone.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2013, 06:15 AM
Hi everybody

Thought I'd wade into the daily thread as it always looks so chatty and friendly.

Today I start to "mess up" Baxter's day. I posted recently about his squeaking when he's in strange places and somebody suggest I take him regularly to strange places so it becomes part of his routine - it's going to be hard work for me as routine makes life so much easier. Anyway today he is coming with me to buy a steam mop as I don't seem to have much luck in winning one on here!

It's cold and wet here - I've just fed the birds, the squirrel will soon be visiting to take his share so will have to keep the dog out of the garden.

Oh yes the dog peed on the bed last night! It wasn't til I went to bed did I notice, so had to strip the entire bed down - change pillow cases etc.. My OH saw him go up the stairs last night at about 9.00 - damn dog still doesn't ask to go out grrrrrrr.

Have a good day everyone.

Sandy
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

The problem with the weather, apart from the fact we seem to live in the wrong country, is the damn jet stream again. Once more like last year it is in the wrong place, only this year it hasn't even given us the early hot weather we had last year, so unless it miraculously moves this is going to be the pattern of our summer.
A programme I saw about the jet stream last year said because of the melting polar caps, or whatever is melting, its pushing the jetstream wrong for us and all our summers could be like this now with extremes of weather.
I just hope it picks up for Saturday as I am working with Lily on the greyhound homer stand at the Hadleigh Show from 7.30am till early evening and I don't fancy standing in the middle of a big field in wind and rain.

Another busy day here. I have to work this morning and then go to Home Bargains to get some wild bird food and bits, back and walk Lily and off to work again till this evening.

Charly's exam wasn't too bad she said yesterday, so she will be busy revising now ready for the next one on Friday morning.

Hope the day improves as it goes on for you Lynn and Good luck to Gordon for tomorrow, your luck has to change for you soon.

I am afraid I havn't kept up with whats happenning with everyone either as I have had hardly time to draw a breath lately, but hope everyones ok.
Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
Hi everybody

Thought I'd wade into the daily thread as it always looks so chatty and friendly.

Today I start to "mess up" Baxter's day. I posted recently about his squeaking when he's in strange places and somebody suggest I take him regularly to strange places so it becomes part of his routine - it's going to be hard work for me as routine makes life so much easier. Anyway today he is coming with me to buy a steam mop as I don't seem to have much luck in winning one on here!

It's cold and wet here - I've just fed the birds, the squirrel will soon be visiting to take his share so will have to keep the dog out of the garden.

Oh yes the dog peed on the bed last night! It wasn't til I went to bed did I notice, so had to strip the entire bed down - change pillow cases etc.. My OH saw him go up the stairs last night at about 9.00 - damn dog still doesn't ask to go out grrrrrrr.

Sandy
Hi Sandy
Welcome to the daily thread, nice to see you here and I hope you will become a regular visitor and contributor
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Morning Lynn, Morning Sandy nice to see a new face in here and everyone else who arrives after me

Awww Lynn, nothing quite like a dog to bring you out of the morning doldrums is there, I bet he made you laugh with that flower pot I will have everything crossed for Gorden tomorrow, and please stay positive, there's no reason why he should not get that job!

Good luck with messing up Baxter's routine today Sandy, let's hope it's the answer to your problems. A little bit of extra effort on our part, sometimes works wonders for them, so I hope it works for you. Don't know about the pee'ing in the bed though, he could have had the decency to do it in the morning and not when you wanted to climb into it hey?!

Well, at least it's dry, very windy, but we've had our rain overnight, so I'm thinking about going down the beach this morning. I'd rather have her wet and sandy than wet and muddy thanks!

Wasn't around last night, cos I seem to be getting a flood of bookings in atm, don't ask me why, but I've now booked one of that woman's weeks in August so she can now disappear off the radar as far as I'm concerned, I don't deal with messers

Just looking out the window here, my garden is a blaze of colour, this means I must have done everything right to all these colourful plants as they died off last year, thanks to Google of course cos I'm no gardener, but it really is a picture.

Dave might be able to get rid of that worker this morning if all goes well. He is ringing the FSB for yet another letter to send him if he doesn't turn up for work again today, which of course he won't, but apparently, because he handed in his resignation verbally the other day, that's good enough, we can now confirm it in writing without actually sacking HIM! Result!

Since typing this it's gone very dark here I might hold fire on that walk until this lot's gone.

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets, but I didn't really keep up yesterday and today I'm off down the town to get something important for the van. I've forgotten what it actually IS I've gotta get, but it'll come to me later I hope, otherwise I won't go lol!

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll see you all later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

The problem with the weather, apart from the fact we seem to live in the wrong country, is the damn jet stream again. Once more like last year it is in the wrong place, only this year it hasn't even given us the early hot weather we had last year, so unless it miraculously moves this is going to be the pattern of our summer.
A programme I saw about the jet stream last year said because of the melting polar caps, or whatever is melting, its pushing the jetstream wrong for us and all our summers could be like this now with extremes of weather.
I just hope it picks up for Saturday as I am working with Lily on the greyhound homer stand at the Hadleigh Show from 7.30am till early evening and I don't fancy standing in the middle of a big field in wind and rain.

Another busy day here. I have to work this morning and then go to Home Bargains to get some wild bird food and bits, back and walk Lily and off to work again till this evening.

Charly's exam wasn't too bad she said yesterday, so she will be busy revising now ready for the next one on Friday morning.

Hope the day improves as it goes on for you Lynn and Good luck to Gordon for tomorrow, your luck has to change for you soon.

I am afraid I havn't kept up with whats happenning with everyone either as I have had hardly time to draw a breath lately, but hope everyones ok.
Have a good day all.
Morning Bev, you snuck in whilst I was typing there. Glad to hear the exam went well for Charly, finger's crossed for her. You're right about that jet stream there, looks like it's stuck again tcht! but in the wrong place!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
Hi everybody

Sandy
Morning Sandy and welcome to the daily thread.
Good luck with the messing up of Baxters day and the buying of a steam mop.
Sorry to hear about the peeing in the bed that's not good especially when you are about to climb in it.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

Have a good day all.
Morning Bev oh that's right about the jet stream I remember hearing about that.
Oh well better get use to it then I suppose.
I will have everything crossed the weather is nice for Saturday.
Glad Charly's exams went well how is she holding up ?
Try to get a rest somewhere along the way today if possible.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, Morning Sandy nice to see a new face in here and everyone else who arrives after me

Awww Lynn, nothing quite like a dog to bring you out of the morning doldrums is there, I bet he made you laugh with that flower pot I will have everything crossed for Gorden tomorrow, and please stay positive, there's no reason why he should not get that job!

Good luck with messing up Baxter's routine today Sandy, let's hope it's the answer to your problems. A little bit of extra effort on our part, sometimes works wonders for them, so I hope it works for you. Don't know about the pee'ing in the bed though, he could have had the decency to do it in the morning and not when you wanted to climb into it hey?!

Well, at least it's dry, very windy, but we've had our rain overnight, so I'm thinking about going down the beach this morning. I'd rather have her wet and sandy than wet and muddy thanks!

Wasn't around last night, cos I seem to be getting a flood of bookings in atm, don't ask me why, but I've now booked one of that woman's weeks in August so she can now disappear off the radar as far as I'm concerned, I don't deal with messers

Just looking out the window here, my garden is a blaze of colour, this means I must have done everything right to all these colourful plants as they died off last year, thanks to Google of course cos I'm no gardener, but it really is a picture.

Dave might be able to get rid of that worker this morning if all goes well. He is ringing the FSB for yet another letter to send him if he doesn't turn up for work again today, which of course he won't, but apparently, because he handed in his resignation verbally the other day, that's good enough, we can now confirm it in writing without actually sacking HIM! Result!

Since typing this it's gone very dark here I might hold fire on that walk until this lot's gone.

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets, but I didn't really keep up yesterday and today I'm off down the town to get something important for the van. I've forgotten what it actually IS I've gotta get, but it'll come to me later I hope, otherwise I won't go lol!

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll see you all later.
Morning Helena. Fingers crossed the numptie can go.
Good news about the van and all the bookings. You don't need messers when you have so many who are queuing up to book the van.
Enjoy the beach I am toying with pavement or field at the moment.
Its lovely when the garden is a riot of colour just a shame we can't sit in them to enjoy it.

Lamp shade ?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Good morning Lynn,hope you day improves.
Morning Bev,
Morning Helena
Morning Sandy, it's not friendly it's a bl***y mad house but welcome anyway

I shall be glad when these Germans go home, I am worn out
As H says it's dry but windy here and very over cast better than rain though I suppose.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Good morning Lynn,hope you day improves.
Morning Bev,
Morning Helena
Morning Sandy, it's not friendly it's a bl***y mad house but welcome anyway

I shall be glad when these Germans go home, I am worn out
As H says it's dry but windy here and very over cast better than rain though I suppose.
Morning Jenny. Thanks.

Its all that German beer you're drinking and card playing.
You're right about the mad house you're brave to step in here. Its fun though most times.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 07:06 AM
We intend going to Dartmoor today but I see on the web that they had about an inch of snow over night
Ummm may have to rethink that!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »