Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention
We can always rely on you, Murf. Go on, tell us some then, you can't not now!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
..... i feel bad for my mum
Why, Layla???
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
Not quite on topic but here's my thinking!

I love my boys, I really do, but I think if I hadn't had them, I wouldn't have regretted it. If I had my time over again (with an old head on young shoulders) I would live my life very differently and I doubt if it would include children!
That is on topic. And I know for a fact you love your boys.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 09:01 PM
I never wanted children and have never regretted not having them.

I have a step-son and, although I love him, I would be equally happy not to have him in my life.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 08:13 AM
I have never wanted children and that has not changed over the years. When I met Dave he was less anti the idea of having children than me but he wasn't particularly fussed either way.

I have a niece ( and nephew (6) from my older sister who I see maybe once a month. My younger sister has a little boy (almost 2) and another one due in March. I only see that nephew maybe every 3 months as they live in Scotland.

Dave's sister has two children, I think they are seven and one. I never see them but he sees them about once a month or so.

When my older sister first got pregnant I could not see the appeal. For the first few months I found my niece quite dull tbh as she just sat there and stared at things. Then she started to recognise me and smile and laugh and move around, she spoke a few words and then she would start asking me questions and finally I could see why some people would like them! But I have never changed my views on them, in fact meeting all my nieces and nephews has actually made me more anti having children than before, because I see exactly how much hard work they are!

Having said that, I have a friend who also never wanted children. She did become pregnant - with twins (they don't run in her family or her husband's). They had the twins and she adores them and would never be without them now. It wasn't the path she had chosen but it did work out for her and her hubbie.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 08:45 AM
None so far. I'm quite happy to spoil my fur kids and send them to their crate if they are naughty without fear of CPS being called. The only time I might feel a tinge of remorse would be when I am older (as in geriatric) and have no one to care for me. But at age 30, I'm completely happy with my decision.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
The only time I might feel a tinge of remorse would be when I am older (as in geriatric) and have no one to care for me.
Yes, that has occurred to me to
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 10:23 AM
I never wanted kids, I don't think I have a maternal bone in my body Which is a strange thing to say considering the job I do!!

I'm really good with 12+ kids but younger than that - it's a no no !!

I really don't like babies, can't see the appeal at all at least with a puppy they're funny and lively and do stuff

I found out about 3 years ago that I can't conceive naturally and I was actually relieved as it got the family off my back with comments about neices/nephews/grandkids etc

I have no regrets and really don't think I ever will
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2011, 02:01 PM
I decided in my teens (I'm 34 now) that I didn't want children, and for years I was told "You'll change your mind when you're older." One person even told me I was selfish for not providing my parents with grandchildren!

When Jon and I got together, he told me he didn't want a family because he could pass on a condition he's struggled with all his life. It was a great relief to finally have something to cite as a "reason" for not having children.

It's nice to see this thread and see that others view deciding not to have children as a positive life choice instead of something that marks you out as being "weird".
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
..... i feel bad for my mum
You shouldn't feel bad, it's your life. My daughter doesn't want children, it's her choice. I would have liked to have a grandchild but can live without one.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >