Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-09-2007, 01:38 PM

Beetle Drive Photos

My partner and I are huge aircooled VW fans and own a 66 beetle that we are restoring. If you didn't know there is a huge following the world over for the classic aircooled VW and there are shows throughout the year. Yesterday was one of our favourite shows called the Beetle Drive at the Tramway Village at Crich in Derbyshire and we took our bug along for the second year running and i thought i would share a few photos with you of our pride and joy and the day in general

This is our 66 bug and shes called Edna

Our bug from the rear in the street line up...

Edna and a gorgeous blue bug...

Another street shot....

The parade...

Line up of bugs...

Line up of Karmann Ghias...

Hope you enjoy them
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2007, 01:51 PM
wow

what cool pictures
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-09-2007, 07:35 PM
A friend of mine used to have a split screen camper which was great fun! Not excally the safest mode of transport,but it was perfect for loading up with beers and people then going to the 'Bug Jams' at Santa Pod.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Fantastic pics of some beautiful well kept cars. They had character in those days.
Becky
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks guys I love classic cars they have so much more character then modern ones, who can't look at a beetle and smile as they smile right back at you

We have a camper van (an early bay not a splitscreen) as our next project, hopefully get it to bug jam next year
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Hopefully this will make you chuckle! I love the VW, especially the old ones. In my last job I nagged the boss to get me a sign written car.......... VW of course. He said don't be stupid and I never gave it any more thought.

End of the month he walked passed my office and said "oh there is a guy outside needing a signature for a delivery" ???

1 x silver VW
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 01:34 PM
i absolutely adore VW Beetles, yours is amazing so retro lol. Anyway i cant drive (yet!) but i want to own a beetle hopefully.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Crackin car, crackin pics, what a pity the reg plate is'nt UFO instead of FUO.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Seeing the pic of your red '66 Beetle has made my day !!My Dad had one almost identical- also red -in about 1962-4 as a company car. ( I was 8-10 years old) He did 100,000 miles in it without a major repair and was awarded a gold watch by VW !!Istill have the watch and it still works- he passed away in 1986 I have many happy memories of our annual family camping holiday to a beach campsite- Mum and Dad, me and brother and all the camping gear on the roofrack- of that Beetle

Cath
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Hopefully this will make you chuckle! I love the VW, especially the old ones. In my last job I nagged the boss to get me a sign written car.......... VW of course. He said don't be stupid and I never gave it any more thought.

End of the month he walked passed my office and said "oh there is a guy outside needing a signature for a delivery" ???

1 x silver VW

aaaawwww what a great boss

Originally Posted by Tori View Post
i absolutely adore VW Beetles, yours is amazing so retro lol. Anyway i cant drive (yet!) but i want to own a beetle hopefully.
I love bugs old and new there is just something about them that always make you smile especially the older ones You should get a bug when the time comes you would never regret it

Originally Posted by nero View Post
Crackin car, crackin pics, what a pity the reg plate is'nt UFO instead of FUO.
Thanks I'd never thought of that before it really made me chuckle
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >