Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2016, 07:19 AM

Daily Thread. Saturday, 5th November

Good morning all. I think a lot of people decided to have their own firework displays last night so they can attend the more formal local displays tonight. Didn't bother Amber thankfully.

I hope all our other four legged friends survived it ok without too much trauma. I was hoping the rain would put people off but didn't appear to.

June, glad your girls were ok. and you had a nice fire to keep you warm. My flat gets cold of an evening as the night storage heaters are just about drained of heat by then, most mediocre way of heating a flat.

Lynn, hope Dillon was ok with them and also Nippy's Pepsi too. Did Bumblesnout mind much and the other critters too, all a worry. Mandy how about your dog, does she mind them. Be good if tonight sees the end of them being let off.

Harvey you said Casey was alright last year lets hope Lara follows suit.

LG do you get much problems where you are a bit more out of the way I would imagine.

Sue and Barry does Teazle mind the bangs and whistles. Brenda, I think you said that Tyto doesn't like it and cuddles up to you.

Have a good day everyone and stay warm and dry and above all stay safe and well, God bless.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Just sitting down for 5 minutes contemplating all the jobs on my list today. Dogs have been fed watered and relieved so quiet now. Looking at the bird feeders, the blue tits are eating me out of house and home so must buy another sack of sunflower seeds which is their favourite.

Just heard on the local news an 83 year old lady with dementia went missing from her house at around midnight not wearing a coat or shoes. Her family must be out of their minds with worry.

Hoping in vain that not too many fireworks this weekend, only my oldest dog hates them, I wish they'd ban the bluddy things.

Have a good day all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Morning Moyra and Twix. Love twixes.bg!! Sunny here now and off to puppy training soon. Then brunch at the Harvester and a bit of shopping in the village. Then home to a film at 2pm on ch.44 I know how to keep entertained. Fireworks last night were noisy and Tyto didn't like them. Couldn't really pacify him this time. But hopefully now that we have had the first lot he will be more attuned to t.touch this evening. In Italy they have silent ones. Wish they did here. Have a good day each and all of those to come later. bfn..
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2016, 08:45 AM

Well at least photobucket is up and running again

Good morning all

bright sunny cold day here which makes staying in bed more inviting.

Can't say I have heard any bangs or wizzes last night because it was raining. Suppose tonight will be like world war 3 for a few hours, at least Teazle isn't scared of them.

Got a load more leafs on the grass ,they are falling like snow and a never ending job clearing then up. it is a bit too wet to do that today and a load more tocome down yet so ill give it a couple of days.

Nothing much else happening so TTFN
Bumblesnout
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Good morning Moyra ,Twix,Brenda. and all to follow
Moyra no fireworks here last night will be tonight
Muppets not bothered would happily stand and watch being working dogs well used to bangs a whistles
Hoping everyone's well this morning poorly human& doglets & puddy cats are soon on the mend big hugs to those down in the dumps
Up at silly o'clock then off to watch daughter off on her ultra run 33miles must be off her rocker lol at 44 you'd think she could have taken up a more leasurly pastime
G/son & hubby off to do man things nothing on the cards as such until the hungry hoard arrive back
Take care one and all whatever you've all planned
Take care stay safe xxx
Ps smattering of snow on the top of Ben More brrrrrrr
Bumblesnout
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2016, 09:04 AM
Thank you T/Weed photo as spectacular as ever
And much appreciated
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Morning everyone, a crisp, clear, cold morning here, lovely
Not many bangs here last night but there will be tonight. Pepsi has never taken any notice of them and now she is soooo deaf she doesn't know if they are bangs or whistles!

Moyra hope you are well
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2016, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Bumblesnout View Post
Thank you T/Weed photo as spectacular as ever
And much appreciated

Thank you
There were a couple of people on the bridge and some on path the other side of pond. With editing I moved them on out of the photo above
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you are feeling better Moyra. I could never understand storage heaters, heat all night and then cold by late afternoon just when you need them

Enjoy training lunch and shopping `Brenda

Enjoy your little bit of me time Bumblesnout they will all be home before yu know it demanding to be fed

Good morning Nippy nice to see you take care.

Lovely and sunny this morning after torrential rain yesterday afternoon/evening. Tonight I expect will be full of bangs and whistles but we have had a few for the last month. Fortunately Teazle doesn't worry she is tucked in with me on the sofa as usual. Did have a dog that was petrified and felt really sorry for him as nothing would help him. He would spend a lest a week every night hiding until the last bang had long gone.

Hope Lara is own tonight Harvey

Have a good day and stay safe.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Morning all! I'm ashamed to say I am still in bed typing away whilst looking out across the fields on what looks to be a reasonably sunny day. Ben is snoozling on his sofa next to me. Mike is away at the moment, and when I went downstairs to make myself a cup of tea guess who had installed himself on MY bed, on MY velvet throw - yes, git Ben. A swift cuff to his backside had the desired results - he always takes the piss when Mike is away, but i don't mind, that's part of his character. We will go on another long walk when I EVENTUALLY get up and see if there are more sloes ripe enough to pick.

Have a good day everyone!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >