Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
German campos
New Member!
Male 

28-08-2016, 04:17 PM

Unknown dog breed

I need help identifying my past dogs breed, he was about 50 pounds and looked like a pitbull but was about 2 feet tall from paw to head and never grew anymore
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-08-2016, 04:21 PM
A picture would help a lot as there is a wide range of dogs that would cover, not including some type of mix.
German campos
New Member!
Male 

28-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately, i dont have any pictures but i will describe more...he was brown and white mostly brown on top and white under on his chest, but also a couple spots here and there, he was muscular like a pitbull but with a perfect clean face not exess skin, appeared like a 2-3 month old pitbull, his hair was very smooth, was about the size of 3 chihuahuas, was too big to breed a chihuahua and was too small to breed a grown pitbull, was about 2 feet in lenght also but not a weaner dog, any guesses would be greatly appreciated,
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2016, 08:06 AM
Why try and identify a dog as a breed type when more than likely it is a mixture of different breeds? There is nothing wrong in calling a dog a crossbred, it is the nature of the dog that counts.
German campos
New Member!
Male 

29-08-2016, 11:39 PM
I agree with you %100 one side of his mix i know for sure is probably american terrier because he was friendly to EVERYONE!...i just want another one like him...i found him in the street so i had nothing of him and someone called the pound because he had stepped on their yard once i was gone to school i found out he opened the gate with his pressure and paws...they took him and my parents had to pay $80 they did not care for him and i was only 14 i am now 20 and always kept him in my mind...
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Over the odd 40 years of my wife and I of having Afghan Hounds not one of them had the same character, each was an individual with their own little ways. This is true from pups in the same litter.

The chances of getting another exactly the same character wise are very slim
German campos
New Member!
Male 

31-08-2016, 11:15 PM
I would be satisfied with a dog of at least same appearance thats why im trying to find out what was his origin...