Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-05-2009, 08:53 PM

Timmy, Collie X Lurcher, 6 years old

Timmy, Collie X Lurcher, 6 years old

History: Own by a dog enthusiast ... the RSPCA took her 18 dogs into care ... she then tried to take back what she deemed she was able to manage, but Timmy and his other 5 litter brothers and sisters got left in kennels and have been moved through kennels, stables and old cars and back to kennels due to the owners 'love' for them, but inability to provide for them. At Easter they came into rescue with us.

Salient points: Very attractive looking dog. Excellent with dogs. Timid of people initially, but within 2 minutes comes close and starts to build a relationship. Still has some training retained i.e. good on the lead and housetraining appears intact within a domestic setting. To be homed in with another confident dog(s) to afford him a strong clear role model.

Advert: Timmy is a very good looking dog. A soft cream silky coat which has just been groomed to give him relief and a sense of caring and cleanliness. He was already neutered upon entering our rescue . However, we have just given him the full works under general anesthetic; full dental though no teeth needed removal, glands cleared, ears checked and cleaned, eyes checked & claws clipped. Timmy is now being vax'd having been wormed and flea treated. He is like a new pin and ready for his new life.

Timmy will need a home which is sensitive to his needs, as he learns what is expected of him, in a household situation and with a regime which caters for his individual needs which he obviously has never experienced before. Security of exit points, garden boundaries and opening the car, will be required as his instinct are to retreat upon hearing a sudden loud noise or a bold stranger approaching - he could panic until he has centered himself and relaxed within his pack. If you can offer a special home allowing Timmy to slowly acclimatize to life outside a kennel and life away from his siblings who are as ill prepared for everyday life as he is. 2 of his pack are now in homes and doing really well. If you want a very special dog, who initially has special needs, but with time will become that "ever so special" dog ... queue here in an orderly fashion!

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Please visit our FORUM to see this dogs individual thread, find out more about them and follow their progress.

If you are interested in re-homing please visit our website and complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

For daily updates click our forum logo on our homepage and you will find the full range of dogs that are available for homing.

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Hope he gets the home he so rightly deserves xxxxxx
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Awh! I hope he gets a good home!
Collie x Lurchers are lovely dogs, when I was living with my dad & stepmum, we rehomed a black and white collie x lurcher and he is so loving!

Sarah xx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-05-2009, 09:34 PM
A few more photos of the lovely Timmy!

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 09:35 PM
He is really gorgeous, I hope he's found a hime soon
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Timmy met Teddy today..and Teddy said please will you come and join my family, they will really love you, and so will I.

Here is Timmy with Mercedes, whilst Debbie is on the phone explaining to her husband she is going to be cooking special chicken tonight!!!

So he is now happily homed.
Closed Thread