Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2016, 05:05 PM
So sorry about Zen, hope she's ok
Fingers crossed for the driving course Lynn and that he passes
Griff really hope Steve is ok, and glad he's got you looking out for him

Well can I say I'm mega confused on what going on over in Fuerteventura
Mum rang this morning after her conversation with the doctors and a English speaking doc spoke to mum to say they are NOT sending him back home, they can't. I'm assuming he's too frail, but they are now talking of repairing his hip.
What is happening to the 24/7 care? Does he still need it? These are questions I'm hoping mum gets answers too. Tbh she's relieved not to have to come home I think. At least not in a rush.

I've been out with Lauryn & mum in law been to B&M bargains & home bargains today. Got a few bits & pieces. Then went to Costa coffee for cake and coffee just what I needed. Lauryn wanted new lever arch folders for college, looked in WH Smith and they would have been £6 for 2 went next door to Wilko's which is a large store than ours she got 2 for £2 big difference!
Hope you'll have a good day
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2016, 05:42 PM
gosh Mandy, how confusing for you all...is there an intepreter at the hospital? i would have thought there would be especially with it being holiday season at the moment...might get everything all cleared up for once and for all for your mum. I love wilko.....plenty of bargains to be had
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Mum had the interpreter there, but the doc who spoke to mum this morning is a fluent English speaker. She will no doubt have spoke to them again over the course of today and tomorrow too.
The Wilko's in our town is really small, the one where we went today is one of the big ones, we love it.
Tomorrow I'm off to have the injection, hope it works at least for a while.
Me and Tony have just been naughty and had pizza & kebab , we shared1/2 of each and sat and watched The Commitments ( cult movie) loved it, ages since I've seen it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-09-2016, 09:04 PM
I've seen The Committments, absolutely fantastic film
Hoping your mum gets the right story very soon now so she can make a plan. How is your stepdad doing now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Oooo love the commitments!!!! Mandy, wishing you well for tomorrow...lets hope he hits the spot this time!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2016, 10:19 PM
Just to update I have purchased a pair of oven gloves.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
Morning all!

I wasn't going to post until I saw Kazz's post! The highlight of my day is washing me floors wif me new steam mop which was delivered yesterday! Just finished the bedroom, toilet and bathroom .... it's terrific!

Simple minds simple pleasures, or so they say!

Enjoy your day everyone!

I am with you there I have a steam mop and love it once started I am off.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2016, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
You know how to live Kazz.
Thank you,
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Pledge fluffy duster from Tesco. Amazing.
Ah seen those not brought one, got and old fashioned feather duster.

But I "love" pledge polish and use the old fashioned yellow dusters (good quality) and wash them after use and dry on the line.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2016, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Mum had the interpreter there, but the doc who spoke to mum this morning is a fluent English speaker. She will no doubt have spoke to them again over the course of today and tomorrow too.
The Wilko's in our town is really small, the one where we went today is one of the big ones, we love it.
Tomorrow I'm off to have the injection, hope it works at least for a while.
Me and Tony have just been naughty and had pizza & kebab , we shared1/2 of each and sat and watched The Commitments ( cult movie) loved it, ages since I've seen it
Hope all goes well health wise falls are not good.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >