Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:05 AM

what food make's a dog sick?

my mimi was sick on sunday and i don't no why she is ok now but i just wanted to no what food can make a dog really sick?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Dogs scavenge. They will eat all sorts of things some of which they find, too late, disagree with them so you get presented with the results of their dietary indiscretions

There are several 'food' foods that some dogs cannot tolerate. Very fatty or rich meats such as pork or oily fish are frequent culprits. It is impossible to say that a particular food will make a dog vomit or regurgitate Some dogs can happily digest what would make another throw up.

Some brands of wormers can cause vomiting. As can toxic plants. As can drinking too much water.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 11:55 AM
what plants are toxic?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Benji always seems to be sick when I give him nature diet - although I suspect this is cos he loves it that much that he gobbles it up and then comes and sicks it all up in one big lump on the carpet He was also sick the other night when I gave him some leftover potato ash that I had made for tea - he loves it but I think its because he eats it that fast. He is hardly ever sick when I just give him his normal Wafcol dried food though.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by lillybet
what plants are toxic?

If you look at this thread Lillybet - it tells you some plants that are poisonous. I know it says for cats - but if you look underneath Minty has posted a website about which plants are poisonous.

http://www.dogweb.co.uk/showthread.p...isonous+plants
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Just found another one http://www.cybercanine.com/toxicplants.htm
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 12:20 PM
My vet always calls this "rubbish disease", i.e. she has eaten something she shouldn't. Just a pointer though, according to him, anything toxic or poisonous is more likely to show up in the nerves than vomiting Whereas, something nasty and rank the body will immediately want to get rid of it before it gets past the stomach. glad she's ok now though