Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 07:25 PM

I've got my own personal hedgehog now

Dave was clearing away some old leaves from under our thick hedge around the side where the bird beeders are, and he noticed a broken slab. He couldn't get at the leaves with the rake (thank goodness!!!) so he used his hands, and he felt something move He looked, and saw a pair of back legs moving, it was a little hedgehog who had hibernated!! He doesn't think he disturbed him coz it went very still again, so we just covered it up with more leaves so he stays nice and warm! Awwwwww, I've always wanted a little hoglet in my garden, and I can't wait for him to wake up!!!

So, I now have an overload of ladybirds in my garden who will eat all the flies and nasties who want to eat my plants, and now I have my very own hoglet who will eat all the slugs and snails out there too! How lucky am I!!!
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Ahh I also like hedgehogs. I scared myself a few weeks ago as I decided to tidy some pots in the shed and found a little door mouse. I don't know who was the more shocked me or him.

Alison
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooo, you've got a doormouse???????!!!!! They are my absolute, tops, favourite creatures on this earth!!!!!!! How lucky are you then!!!!!! I fell in love with them when I first saw Bill Oddy holding one in his hand, it was the cutest thing I have ever seen, and it was fast asleep as they always are!!! Awwww, I'm very, very jealous! You make sure you keep him safe!!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Awww...Aitch. A little hedge pig of your very own. How lovely!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww! Congratulations!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww hedge hogs are lovely xxdk