View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2008, 07:47 AM
mini toy dogs, for fear of hurting them, my friend sat on her Yorkie and broke his leg, it did recover and live to a happy old age though. I'm the same about small birds like budgies and canaries, but I'm fine with chickens and ducks.

unnatural looking dogs, so any of the breeds whose extreme show standard causes health difficulties

but if it was a dog that needed a home I wouldn't rule any dog out just on size or looks
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 08:15 AM
I havew always loved all breeds and up until recently would have owned any, But now because of my age and the fact I am not as fit or strong as I used to be I have to say for safety sake when out, even though I would love to own them I would not own a very giant powerful breed like Great Dane, St Bernard, or Mastiff etc. Sadly these larger breeds do happen to be my favourites.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 08:22 AM
I like all dogs, as you all know... but I think for me I would not consider a small breed, not with my two daft hairies, though they would love it anyway!!
And really hairy dogs, as grooming my two is a bit of a mare... so anything hairier than them is a no-no!!
Also I have always wanted a liver and tan Dobe, but they are so intelligent, I would want to wait a few years before I could give her the time and training....
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by x_rose_x View Post
Think it would be far easier for me to list the ones I would consider.
Miniature Poodle Would never have said this had I not joined here and seen Becky's (Mahooli), Especially Cooper
Aww thanks, another conversion
Becky
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 08:35 AM
chiwawa (sp?) or pekes.
but other than them id love lots of dogs,
im still in love with lola the rough collie, shes so lovely.:smt049
i could do with winning the lotto buying a house with lots of grounds, then get lots of dogs n cats,
id be known as the mad woman with all them animals LOL
Leema
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2008, 08:52 AM
I would say anything is possible. There are many breeds I wouldn't go to a breeder and seek a dog from, but if something happened that I ended up with a dog (rescue like scenario) I wouldn't deny the dog for being breed xyz.

That being said, I CAN'T STAND HAIR. And can't imagine being smitten enough by a labrador, german shepherd or border collie to bring one home. These are the 3 breeds I have found to shed the most working at boarding kennels. But there was one lab that I said, "I can understand putting up with the hair and enduring the puppy if you end up with a dog like this." She was beautiful!
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Other than having had one before, my reasons for having chosen Border Collies included their size. Not so small that they get trodden on, and not so big that you'd suffer write-off as a result of collision!

My state of disability has to be a consideration now: there are difficulties holding a BC these days, I wouldn't have a lot of success with anything bigger!

Snorri
ah yes but you haven't lived with deef who has run me over several times once leaving a paw print on my face and the git doesn't even break stride

I couldn't have a german shepherd as I am very allergic to them, or a dalmatian for the same reason. I really only like working breeds, collies, australian kelpies, working cockers and of course terriers, in particular patterdales (love the up yours attitude) I could make a very long list but although I like a lot of breeds there are so many I wouldn't want to live with:smt102 I think huskies and malamutes are stunning but I wouldn't want to live with one, just not my sort of dog really It would probably be easier to ask which breeds I would like to live with than which I wouldn't consider
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by x_rose_x View Post
Miniature Poodle Would never have said this had I not joined here and seen Becky's (Mahooli), Especially Cooper

Actually if I hadn't seen so many of these in agility and watched them work and seen the attitude that they have then I doubt that I would have considered one either. If I ever went for a small breed then it might very well be a miniature poodle. I get laughed at for saying that sometimes but they are just so clever and so funny and full of it and I like that One for my old age perhaps.......:smt002
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I'll get you all eventually lol!
Becky
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I'll get you all eventually lol!
Becky
Must say your posse are cute!! And seeing your Percy, has made me think about having a Dachsie again!!!
Page 5 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »