30-01-2005, 06:27 PM
The new Mr.Leo that is nice and plesant to all users
Giants need love to
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by staffysmum
my so you see i am responsable more responsable than most k.c breeders i dont think the puppy purchaser should suffer or the dog(S)
When you say things like this Staffysmum you can't wonder why people get upset with you. There are people on this board and all over this country who spend thousands of pounds buying the best 'stock' ,researching the pedigrees etc and will travel hundreds of miles to the best most suitable stud to produce the best puppies possible. It costs hundreds of pounds to do health tests and can cost thousands of pounds to show a dog...all to try to improve their chosen breed.When someone comes on with a pet bitch and produces 'unresearched' puppies and claim to be better it really is not something which will not get a response
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 06:33 PM
[quote="mr.leo"]
Originally Posted by crazycockers
Unfortunately not all breeders are like you CC
True Mr Leo
but the care that breeders like CC put in can only be done by a with KC reg dogs since as I said and we all know certain research and tests are impossible on non KC dogs...
mr.leo
Dogsey Senior

30-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
The new Mr.Leo that is nice and plesant to all users
Giants need love to
mr.leo
Dogsey Senior

30-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Archer
There are people on this board and all over this country who spend thousands of pounds buying the best 'stock' ,researching the pedigrees etc and will travel hundreds of miles to the best most suitable stud to produce the best puppies possible. It costs hundreds of pounds to do health tests and can cost thousands of pounds to show a dog...all to try to improve their chosen breed.
We traveled miles to get Holly we spent hundreds of £'s to get Toby scored as we will with Holly we researched the lines to make sure they are compatable and know both of their pedigrees upto 10 generations.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Thats how it should be Mr Leo...same here!
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-01-2005, 08:29 PM
good on everybody that carries out the health checks and researchs their dogs peds and everything about their dogs I do it myself but some people are maybe only coming into dogs and are only learning about their breed and it is up to people in that breed to try and encourage and turn them into responsible breeders and try and educate these people about problems in that breed with the aim of bettering the breed also remember manys a top breeder started with unregistered dogs and moved to registered dogs .
Also i would like people to remember newcomers coming into a breed should be encouragerd because they are helping to secure the future of that breed
Tusker
Dogsey Junior

31-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey
Hi Staffysmum, it is unfortunate that your puppies are not going to be KC registered. That means that they cannot have there heritage traced, nor be tested for health issues. These are things that should be important to breeders and puppy buyers alike.

Obtaining the healthiest puppy available, should be every puppy buyers top priority.

I must admit that I never encourage anyone to buy a puppy that isn't KC registered, in fact I actively discourage it. I believe that KC papers are very important when it commes to health. Theres no way of checking back without them. However as you only mated your bitch 7 days ago you can't yet be sure she's pregnant.

Dawn R.

Iv just read this post and without wanting to start an argument...i feel i have to voice my opinion, this statement is imo very misleading, i have experience of non kc registered dogs or what ever u want to call them be it ISBT, or OLDE TYME and over the course iv found that these dogs are health wise vastly supperior to the majority of kc reg dogs. Like any breed if u buy from a honest breeder u will get a pedigree that can easily be traced back...just because u buy a non kc registered dog does not mean that all is lost...there are plenty of kc dogs out there with fake paper's. Iam not having a go at KC reg dogs as i personally know some very athletic kc dogs..but sadly u will not find these kc dogs winning at the ch ship shows !.My point is this as long as u take ur time and research before u buy there is as much chance of getting what u want kc registered or not ...my post is in no way intended to offend anyone this is just my own opinion based on my experiences
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2005, 08:45 PM
[quote="!.My point is this as long as u take ur time and research before u buy there is as much chance of getting what u want kc registered or not ...my post is in no way intended to offend anyone this is just my own opinion based on my experiences [/quote]

And tell me what research can be done as to inherited conditions if the dog is not registered.With a registered dog (when purchasing from a good breeder) the breeder can trace generations of dogs behind his own and can find what lines produce conditions such as epilepsy etc.
Tusker
Dogsey Junior

31-01-2005, 08:53 PM
the same checks that u would carry out with registered dog....look at the parents ...pups from previous breedings (if any) ....are u trying to say that certain health problems are not inherant in kc registered dogs archer .....surely not ?
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 24 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »