View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry this happened to you and your lovely pups. Poor Frey! I wish you and all your kiddos a fast recovery.

I feel sorry for the rott too, now he will lose his life, when really, he was brought up to be vicious, and set up to do this terrible thing by the idgit that stole him. I hope that drunk idiot goes to jail for what he did.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 06:34 AM
I'm absolutely gobsmacked at this thread.

Personally, I think the dog should be PTS.

I'm hoping that Freya made it through the night, and that you are all feeling a little less shell-shocked this morning.

Loads of healing vibes cming your way.....

x0x0x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 07:59 AM
just thought I would pop on and see how everyone is this morning?

did cody have a GA yesterday to have his ear reattached?
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Drink away and eat heaps of chocolate, if that makes you stay so strong!! Such a sad situation and there no one comes out on top in this situation, just so sad.
So glad Frey wagged her tail when you saw her, she is still able to tell she is happy to see you which is a good sign.
If dogs represent owners, she will pull through as you have been so strong through this.
You have more than likely had enough of them but hugs again
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Hoping for some good news this morning.How are you feeling today with all your cuts and bruises?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 08:28 AM
I just can't believe what have read...thank goodness those park rangers were on hand as I fear you could have lost all your babies with the sheer savageness of the attack.

I hope and pray that Frey makes it through and that your others make a speedy recovery.

I know how you feel about the dog that attacked, that it wasn't really his fault, and I am the last person to ever persuade someone to euthanase a healthy animal, but you have to think of others and it could so easily have been a child that was out with its dog...what if the dog was so frenzied that he killed that child? That man obviously has no regard for anyone or anything else. If it were me I would leave no stone unturned to make sure that stupid man never owned another dog in his life, was made to pay all expenses and, sadly, that the dog was pts.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm preaching, I don't mean to, I just feel so sorry for you and your dogs, and so angry that some idiot has caused your dogs so much pain. xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
it could so easily have been a child that was out with its dog...what if the dog was so frenzied that he killed that child?
dog aggression and human aggression dont run hand in hand, It doesent sound like the dog was aggressive to people, just the dogs, the park rangers managed to restrain the dog without being bitten, that and kids really shouldnt be out with dogs alone.

which is sort of bizzare given its a security dog I guess.

I have to say, Im very impressed with the speed at which the police handled this, even taking the man and dog into cusdody which is nigh unheard of round here for dog on dog attacks,
then to find out so quickly the dog was stolen, find the real owner and so on. Now thats fast.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
dog aggression and human aggression dont run hand in hand, It doesent sound like the dog was aggressive to people, just the dogs, the park rangers managed to restrain the dog without being bitten, that and kids really shouldnt be out with dogs alone.

I have to say, Im very impressed with the speed at which the police handled this, even taking the man and dog into cusdody which is nigh unheard of round here for dog on dog attacks,
then to find out so quickly the dog was stolen, find the real owner and so on. Now thats fast.

I didn't realise that Shona, I thought that they can get into such a frenzy that they don't really know what they are attacking, I didn't mean the dog would actively seek a child to attack, just might attack if the child was with a dog and was trying to protect it, and yes I agree that kiddies shouldn't be out with dogs on their own, I won't let Daniel take Leon out incase anything happened.

I know that you have a wealth of knowledge in training and you must have come across this sort of attacj before, plus I know you don't know the dog in question but do you think there would be any hope that it could be trained to not attack other dogs? It would be nice to know that its possible and that a dog thats attacked others might not have to be pts.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post

To say nothing of 4 Park Rangers. Thank goodness they were around.
What happened to the mans 4 children?

Hope all is well this morning, thinking of you xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi Tasha, what a terrible experience for you and the dogs to have to go through.

Sending warm wishes for a speedy recovery to all of you and special thoughts for Frey xx
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 23 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »