Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lee Valleys
New Member!
Male 

13-08-2008, 10:49 PM

Ringcraft lessons and shows in south wales

Hi, first post on here...

Im after any info possible on Ringcraft lessons for my two huskys, one in particular has around 11 champs in her bloodline from the certificate so would love to give showing a go.

Of course the closer the better, Newport is 20miles from me so that might give some idea of my location. Off to the welsh open show saturday so hopefully pickup alot of info from there

Cheers!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lee Valleys View Post
Hi, first post on here...

Im after any info possible on Ringcraft lessons for my two huskys, one in particular has around 11 champs in her bloodline from the certificate so would love to give showing a go.

Of course the closer the better, Newport is 20miles from me so that might give some idea of my location. Off to the welsh open show saturday so hopefully pickup alot of info from there

Cheers!
When you go to the open show you should be able to pick some show schedules from the secretaries table, that'll give you some shows to enter. The Welsh Kennel Club are also holding a Champ Show at Builth Wells on the 15th, 16th and 17th of this month. Too late to enter, but if you can get there you'll find plenty of show schedules for the local area.

As for ringcraft I'm not sure off hand, but you can ring the kennel club and they'll send you a list of nearby ringcraft clubs. Although I'm sure someone will be along on here soon to give you details of some nearby.

Oh and......

pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 11:33 PM
The Welsh Kennel Club also publish an annual booklet listing all the Welsh shows, Clubs, ringcraft and obedience classes, all with contact info...... or at least they used to. They were usually sold out halfway through the year but you may be lucky and pick up a copy. Contact the secretary.
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Have you contacted Royvon on Incline Top, Merthyr? They do enough shows in the area, so would probably suggest they're your best bet?
Lee Valleys
New Member!
Male 

14-08-2008, 10:37 AM
thanks for the replys so far,

we are going to the welsh open show on saturday to see the working dogs so was hoping to gather more info there. Havent heard of the one in merthyr you mention but will see what I can find out

So far I have found one in Bassleg Newport which isnt to far.