View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi first can I ask did the dog bite the judges face badly? im not clear as to the damage done by the bite so I would like to clear that up first,.

but I have to say, the dog is a vet champ,, whats left to prove, the dog will most likely be retired from the ring soon anyways,, if you know what I mean
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 07:35 PM
sorry just read through this,, and it seems it was a face bite, I have to say were it one of my lot, I would want to get to the reason why it happend, but I fear the kc will make there minds up on this, as the dog is a vet dog I feel its such a shame to end your show career on such a bad note,
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by sammy69 View Post
This is what really annoys some people with these things. If this dog was not a springer spaniel but a Staffy, rottweiller etc then everyone would of jumped up and said "dangerous dog, put it down" but as its not it gets a few sentences in the local paper. Rant over.
Think that's a bit unfair on the dog show folk. Don't know anyone who suscribes to the rantings of the press. Every year there is always at least one incident of a dog biting at a show. Haven't heard of one yet that's been put down but yes they are banned from showing (normally) which is absolutely right no matter what breed it is.
As I posted in an earlier post a rotti did badly bite someone at a show a couple of weeks ago and i know the dog personally. I fully support that dog being banned from all shows as it has gone at people before (i've been there when it did). People have been talking about it but noone has said anything about the dog being put down, only what an idiot the owner is for having a dog she can't control and that it should go somewhere to someone that can.
I don't know what was written in your local paper but generally any attacks or incidents at dog shows tend to appear in either or both of the DOG papers.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2008, 04:26 AM
I would have thought the fact that this bitch was 8 years of age and a veteran in the show ring if it were a temperment issue something would have happened in the past, if not then I would put it down to something like pain, no I dont agree with a dog biting someone, but there may be an underlying reason, I think it may be best to wait to see what the KC outcome is.

Mo
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3