Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 08:06 PM

I'm not sure this is home life, more 'life' life

As the title says, this isn't really about 'home' life, more about life in general.
I need to moan/complain, to get it out of my system for a while!

Life at home has been complicated for a few months, but is getting back to normal, and I am much happier.

Another aspect of my life is friends, or lack of. That is where I get down and depressed.
I only really have 2 friends. One hates my husband, and is bascially a **** to me (lets me down all the time, never sees me, doesn't have time for me), so she is only an 'acquaintance', and the other friend, I just hardly ever see anymore, as we both work odd hours (nights), and even though we are friends, we don't have many of the same interests (well, none really).
My other friend is my Sister, but I don't even get to see her often, as we don't live that close, and we're both always working.

Kev has so many friends, he's always got someone to moan to, to chat to, to complain to, in 'real life' and online.
He's always in demand, and everyone seems to flock around him.
Perhaps i'm jealous of that. I think I am.
His friends don't seem to like me.
I don't go anywhere to meet new people, I'm not in any clubs, I don't go clubbing at night. I'm not popular, and never have been, and don't really even have friends online that I chat to regularly.

I prefer to go for a walk with my dogs, or sit and have a nice meal, or go to the cinema.
Maybe i'm 'old' for my age, as the people I do get on with all seem to be older (although I have made a 'friend' I see at Wrestling when I go with Kev, but she's 17).

Just needed to get it all off my chest!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Well I think you said it all here: I prefer to go for a walk with my dogs, or sit and have a nice meal, or go to the cinema.

You see, maybe you just like it that way? There was a time when I knew lots of people but didn't really know anyone. Now, I have a very small handful of 'real' friends and that suits me much more. I don't even see them regularly, but our friendship remains tight. There are some people who just prefer their own company, and although I like having a blast every now and again, I think I'm one of those people... maybe you are too?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 08:26 PM
The thing is, I don't get to have that 'blast' every now and again, because I just don't know anyone
None of my friends like doing the same thing as me, or have the same interests.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 08:30 PM
I'd echo Azz tbh Hevvur. There always seems to be a point in your life, that your 'true' friends are there for you no matter what and this distinguishes them from the 'aquaintances' you mention. I personally only have a few 'true' friends and we quite often go months without talking, but we know that we will always be there for each other when in need. Having just a single 'true' friend in my eyes is worth a hundred aquaintances. You are truely blessed IMO if you have such a friend.
Plus, don't forget, you've got all us lot on Dogsey. We might not be online all the time, but we'll always listen when you need a good moan and a shoulder to cry on.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 08:40 PM
I really don't have that 'true' friend though.
Sounds sad, but I really don't.
Theres no one that I talk to when i'm down or depressed.
I have my husband of course, but I can't complain about him, to him, when i'm mad at him!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-12-2006, 08:50 PM
heather
you always have us don't know if that good or bad.
i don't really have close friends it either work or family.
any how if we ever get to meet up i would be more than happy for you to get stuff out your system, we all need it some times.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-12-2006, 09:09 PM
There ya go, chance to become good mates with Leo. Sometimes, something as simple as a blog entry can lead to a great friendship. I've made some excellent friends over the web - infact I think most of my best pals started off as cyber pals. Just easier to see what a person is like through reading their views and opinions - plus it's easier to ask more personal/cheeky questions as they can't thro anything at you lol! Like many things in life, perhaps it's like love, you'll get it when you least expect it...
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I know where you're coming from Hevvur and after reading your blog I've come to realise that I don't have a 'true' friend either. Not someone I can call on when I'm feeling low and really need to chat about something.

It's all well and good saying 'you've got us lot on Dogsey' it's not the same. Sometimes we need to be able to 'feel' the hug of a real person.
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 09:12 PM
some times it can be alot better talking to a stranger about problems + never have to worry about them telling people close to you+ there can be a true friend just around the corner
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 09:13 PM
yes i agree about the hugs sometimes when you really need one + theres never anyone there
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >