View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 05:46 PM
We've entered Birmingham and Richmond, and i think Driffield too. There may be one or two more but i dont know without checking. We will be going to those so hopefully that will change our minds about not doing anymore champ shows after that.. We'll have to wait and see
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 06:53 PM
You are going to have good times and bad times in showing that adds to the excitement of showing, its got to be really boring if you are winning all the time lol says me who when gets dumped has a face like a wet week but you do get to meet loads of really nice people of course there are going to be the odd idiots that would love to ruin it for you, but just ignor them they are not worth it, just go to the shows if you do well then great, if you dont do so well then book it down to experience, its all a learning curve.

Mo
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2005, 05:36 AM
Hi Jessica,
Its like that all over the world when it comes to dog shows! But there are more nicer people then there are nasty ones, they have some lovely under handed ways to try to upset you knowing if you get upset then this will make the dog unsettle. I've have people let their bitches in full season come close to my dog a minute or to before going in for BOB and when that happens I ask the judge could I go behind as the bitch is in season, the judge would then either say yes straight away or just go around first and see. But the most important thing is that its a fun day out for you and your dogs and there is always the next show. We let the stewards know if there are any new exhibitors going in as they can let the judge know so if the dog isnt stood correctly the judge would then move the feet and explain to the person what they just did and why. Yes there can be some judges that will judge the face on the other end of the lead rather then the dog but they are few and far between. We have the Royals shows coming up in Oct here in Tassie the last ones for the year in Australia and people travel all over Australia to go to the Royals and most exhibitors will bring food and grog and just have fun
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4