Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:29 AM

Crufts Entry Figures

They are out....

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/6-crufts-entry

Trouble is I can never remember what we had previous years LOL so no idea if good or bad for us!
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Overall, there is only a reduction of 253 entries from last year so it doesn't look like the Pedigree Dogs Exposed programme has affected it too much.

Mick
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Much smaller entry than usual in my breed but thats not down to 'that' programme....entries have been down in general this year.

Last year we had 94 entries,this year we've got 55 dogs making 59 entries!!!
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2009, 06:44 PM
We've got 80 greyhounds entered 30 dogs and 50 bitches giving 92 entries I bet theres a large proportion of ex racers in that number. I think last year there was about 77 greyhounds entered

Whippets are 417 ,479 entries thats down a bit I think.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Much smaller entry than usual in my breed but thats not down to 'that' programme....entries have been down in general this year.

Last year we had 94 entries,this year we've got 55 dogs making 59 entries!!!
Oh that is quite a dip isn't it - we are just slightly up this year - and quite a few more bitches than dogs entered too.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Program had no effect at all, there are a lot of "docked" breeds with much lower entries anyway, so that could account for a lot.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Oh that is quite a dip isn't it - we are just slightly up this year - and quite a few more bitches than dogs entered too.
Elkhound entries this year have been down in general but was expecting a bigger entry than 55!!!A couple of years ago we would have got that any many of the 'normal' champ shows!
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Elkhound entries this year have been down in general but was expecting a bigger entry than 55!!!A couple of years ago we would have got that any many of the 'normal' champ shows!

Greyhounds are normally after elkhounds and I know there has been quite a big entry of them in other years. Last year greyhounds were scheduled to be in the ring at 11 am and I think the judging started at something like 1pm. Mind you I don't know if it was the same judge but ours was so slow Button was in racing and coursing bitch with my son. They went into the ring at 4.45pm and I think there was only about 77 entries in total for greyhounds last year.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Our entry is up on last year, its a great result for all pedigree dog exhibitors!! Our Terrier show has recieved the highest EVER entry of ALL breeds it puts classes on for too, excellent news!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

08-02-2009, 05:32 PM
and of that 253 figure MickB -Two of them are mine and not because of the PDE Programme but because I was so ill over the ferstive period and well into January 09 that unfortunately I mssed the closing date for entries, but I shall be there albeit for the first time in many years without a dog or dogs by my side.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >