View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi Catsinc these are the knives..I would go for a fairly corse one..like the 4th purple one

these people are very good and helpfull..
http://www.ritcheytagg.com/index.php?page=93

And chalkblock here..92204 or 92205
http://www.runtimehost.co.uk/petcete...ml%23a702#a702
catsinc
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-07-2006, 10:42 PM
thankyou mini.can i ask what the purpose of the chalk block is?the link showed lots of different colours and mentioned extra whitening?mmmmmmm she is 2 colours?saw a hard block but not chalk said it was for use before stripping to remove mud and loose hair.simialr???thanks and sorry for being so thick
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by catsinc
thankyou mini.can i ask what the purpose of the chalk block is?the link showed lots of different colours and mentioned extra whitening?mmmmmmm she is 2 colours?saw a hard block but not chalk said it was for use before stripping to remove mud and loose hair.simialr???thanks and sorry for being so thick
Hi Catsinc I have never used a coloured chalk..
I use a 'hard white' similar to the one I posted in the link above code 2204.

92204 Groomex Chalk Block - Hard

Specially prepared hard white round chalk block. Good covering qaulities. Excellent for hand stripping.

A dogs coat is quite shine because of the natural oils. The purpose of the chalk is to give the knife a good grip on the shiny coat and this enables you to get more hair out .
I find the hard chalk is preferable to the soft, it is not so 'loose' so doesn't fill the coat too much and for me it gives the best grip.

The soft powdered chalk is used in the white feathering of show dogs to make them look white/thick .
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
inca faints with palpatations
LOL i thought you would Inca i was hopeing you would,nt see this post LOL.Awwwwwwww you should see them they all look lovely my daughter has done her three as well.
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2006, 07:21 AM
hi there,

my girl brontes coat changed when she was spayed. it went all woolly and curly, esp round her neck. i clip her all year round now, mainly with no1. she's due to be clipped soon, but its been too hot! she looks like a puppy when she's been clipped! my sam had been clipped of sorts when he came to me. his coat is getting longer now, but i dont want to clip him as he's still very ribby, and might look like i starve him or something . might just use the thinning scissors on him!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by chelsea
LOL i thought you would Inca i was hopeing you would,nt see this post LOL.Awwwwwwww you should see them they all look lovely my daughter has done her three as well.
you know what i'm gona say don't you Jean...................LOL Jack russell with ears LOL
catsinc
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
well she was very ribby when i got her deff filled out but now she is clipped i think she looks awfull!!!gotta say it!!she is a bit on the slim side.i prefer the feather but her coat had gone awfull.really thick and wavy on the neck espec and above her tail.
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2006, 06:52 AM
thats how my brontes coat goes. very curly round her neck, makes her look like she's got no neck!! i clipped her last night with just the blade....gulp! shes looks great now though . takes years off her. she's also lost loads of weight and looks fab for it! tried the clippers on sam, who just stood there and didnt bat an eye-lid..bless him! just did under his neck with a no3 blade.
catsinc
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2006, 08:48 PM
i think i let her coat grow now and then use the number 3 next time as the no1 is too short.but i did discover she has got a neck!!and its a slim1 lol.also found lots of freckles i hadnt seen before but even on no1 there are parts of her that are pink!do the rest of you clip the ears aswell??i just got my hairdresser friend to chip into them rather than cut them straight.apparantly dogs are hard to cut lol as the hair grows diff and u have to feel where the actuall ears are lol
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 09:03 PM
charlies half springer and gets number 3 every summer, quick and easly
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >