Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 05:12 PM

Aaaaaaaghhh Remus!

Just came home to the whole corner chewed off my coffee table....my hand made coffee table that my best friend made me.

Two one and a half hour walks today, food, and all he had to do was 2 and a half hours being left!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 05:27 PM
No, I'm sorry Catrin. Remus!! What a naughty guy I'm sure he's sorry, though. Nigredo chewed off the corner of our coffee table when he was little, as well. It was given to us by my late grandfather, my father almost had another stroke when he saw it. I felt so bad I hope everything is okay, these things happen.

catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Aww no! These boys!!!

Mine could be fixed at the top piece was quite a bit bigger than the base so there is room to take the edges of the top Adam sanding it down. It's just admitting to my friend that's what happen which will be the hard bit.

I've no idea what today's relapse was about! I don think it was separation anxiety really because he no longer watches me leave the house, I think he woke up from his snooze and thought "mmm what shall I do now. I know, I'll ignore the kong and the chews and eat the table"
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Haha, Catrin. Yes, that is probably what he thought. It's like I said, these things happen. Nigredo no longer chews up stuff or acts naughty, but one day a bit ago I came in my room to find the trash can knocked over and CHEWED.

I replaced the can and was not angry but was surprised he did that because he doesn't do that kinda stuff anymore. Had only gone next door for 45 minutes. Sometimes they'll have a little hiccup where they forget they are not supposed to!

I don't think Remus will make another habit out of this type of stuff, probably was just some extra boredom. But yes, that is the table as it is today... it was BADLY CHEWED and there is no real way to repair it, but we couldn't bear to throw it out or hide it in the garage.

I personally don't love the old table, but my father... it belonged to his father and he was so upset. That is the true hard part, admitting you damaged something that means so much to someone else.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Your friend made that?.. Wow
That's a bit of a chunk,alright Nothing wrong with his teeth,that's for sure.All joking aside,really must be a pain to come home and discover something like that,sorry
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Nooo you're all muddled up, that table is Myra's one (the own her naughty boy chewed)

THIS is my table that my friend made...

The one my naughty boy chewed...on three bloody corners!!

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Ohh,sorry about that.Still,lovely table
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Ohh,sorry about that.Still,lovely table
......was a lovely table!
lorniec
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Oh dear! Bet you weren't cross for too long! When I packed up to move house Louis managed to toddle off into the garden with my royal doulton teapot and smash it ....grrrrrr
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 08:18 PM
No, Eileen is right. It's still a lovely table. BTW, the damage on yours looks moderately repairable. Nigredo ATE the entire corner off of one side... the damage is virtually irreparable.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >