Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 01:08 AM

Dosage on Bach Flower Remedies

Has anyone ever used these for their pets? If so, how much did you give your size of dog? I've sent numerous e-mails asking with no responses.

http://bachflowerpets.com/
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 05:01 AM
Morning timber. If you are contacting the manufacturers direct, i'd be very wary of dealing with any company that doesn't respond to that sort of important Customer query in a timely fashion.

Who are you emailing?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-05-2014, 08:18 AM
According to THIS it says

Suggested Use

Place 4 drops of Rescue Remedy on a treat and offer to your animal. Alternatively add 4 drops of Rescue Remedy to drinking water.
I have used it for Pereg and just put one drop straight in her mouth.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2014, 08:57 AM
I've heard of the Rescue Remedy being used lots of times.
There is a company called Ainsworths in London, UK that may help you. http://www.ainsworths.com/
I've always found them really good on the phone and very very helpful.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2014, 09:01 AM
To be honest I have never really taken any notice of the dosage, I just add what I think...........I ould give Millie 4,5 drops depending sometimes more sometimes less, I used to take a whole bottle when I was flying
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 09:02 AM
I've just been a good read up about this. I wouldn't give it to my dog. And there apparently no evidence that it works anyway.

I'm guessing that if it says give four drops for it to have effect and you only give one, it is because you are not totally convinced it is safe? Otherwise why quarter the dose? I wouldn't do that with anything prescribed. And if I didn't trust the manufacturers instructions I wouldn't trust the product either so i wouldn't give it at all.

I googled is rescue remedy safe. And does rescue remedy work is apparently marketed for human human use?

Interested because I've acquired a cat that doesn't like me to even be out of sight let alone out of the house!

I won't be trying that.

It does say some dogs could take lots with no Ill effect. That's true of lots of stuff. But there are some horror stories out there too.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2014, 09:34 AM
I am 100% satisfied that the pet specific Rescue Remedy is safe and suitable for my dog. The only reason I give her one drop is because it goes straight in her mouth.

I do not put it in her water as I only give it to her when it is necessary.

It is not the Rescue Remedy for humans, it is pet specific.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I am 100% satisfied that the pet specific Rescue Remedy is safe and suitable for my dog. The only reason I give her one drop is because it goes straight in her mouth.

I do not put it in her water as I only give it to her when it is necessary.

It is not the Rescue Remedy for humans, it is pet specific.
I did`nt know they did pet specific
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm thinking the product is gimmicky TBH. Arguments go back and forth as to whether it works or not. Also, there are instructions as to how much to give on their website, but it's only for people. Not sure how safe the product is, as well.

If you're ordering their product made for people, don't think the dosage is the same as with pets. And yes, it does seem odd that they are not responding to customer queries. I'd run far away from this product based on that alone.

Trial and error is the thing here, I suppose. Start with a drop, and then go to two, three, four etc. and see if you notice any difference. If you don't notice anything by 4 or 5 drops, then it probably just doesn't work for your dog. Which seemingly isn't super uncommon.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
I did`nt know they did pet specific
http://www.amazon.com/Bach-Rescue-Re...pr_product_top

I see it here in amazon. Apparently they do! I didn't know either.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >