View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 08:31 PM

Sal in vets on a drip I have a poorly dog.

Well woke today all good she was a bit quiet but as the day went on I thought you are not right. Booked a vets appointment for 5.50 and by then she was quiet. She was reluctant to get into the car and I went to pick her up and she screamed as I touched her stomach to lift her she then got in the car fine herself. I did tell the vet this.

Vet took her temp and then had a feel inside ... rubber glove....(say no more)
Vet said she thinks it is her tummy or back. Given the way she is standing, she has been to the loo both ways fine, no issues no sickness nothing, brought back her breakfast this morning but nothing more. Kept water down all day.
They took a blood test and thats when I zoned out her sodium level is low she is dehydrated (although drinking fine) and her white cell count is through the roof.

They have kept her in put her on a drip for fluids and antibiotics, and we see how she goes tonight. The next step is see how she goes and very possibly an xray tomorrow. Got to phone at 9 in the morning after rounds - have to say she seemed to be hardly able to put one foot in front of the other by tonight, just to much energy it looked like.
So not sure of whats caused this but I have a feeling it ain't good.

Edited to say she is a 10 year old SBT bithc spayed and in excellent health.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh no Kazz
Poor Sal, I do hope there is some positive news from the vet in the morning,thinking of you & Sal of course xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Oh no, what on earth could it be? I really feel for you, tonight will be very tough. Fingers crossed there is some light shed on this in the morning.

Big hugs
xxx
tansox
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Fingers crossed she'll be home with you tomorrow and back to her normal self.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 08:49 PM
I hope it's nothing too serious, will be thinking of you both. x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 08:50 PM
OMG Kazz you must be beside yourself with worry tonight for your dear Sal I wonder what on earth is going on with her, but hopefully, they will find that out and treat her accordingly. Sounds like some kind of infection going on doesn't it with that white cell count being so high??

It couldn't be that awful thing going around in some areas after walking in woodland could it? Have you got that in your area, that autumnal disease, forgotten what it's proper name is?

Oh dear oh dear, bet you won't sleep tonight, I'm so sorry to be reading this Kazz, and I hope to God she's going to be alright and get over this.xxxx
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Oh Kazz, so sorry to be reading this, hoping they can find out what the problem is soon...Hugs..xx
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Hoping it is something simple to rectify. Thinking of you with my fingers crossed for the poor girl x
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Oh no poor Sal

I hope the vet finds out the cause of the problem and its nothing serious. Hope she's back home with you very soon x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Poor girl, lets hope she is feeling a little better in the morning.

You won't get much sleep tonight I am sure. .
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »