Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 07:23 PM

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Orlando, Florida

I just had a trip to NYC and took a side trip to Orlando to see this as I am a teeny tiny bit of a Harry Potter fanatic it was AMAZING, a beautiful authentic replica of the films, even my OH (who is no Potter fan) thought it was great. So I thought I'd share some pics (a small selection of the 300 photos we took ). And anyone who thinks an adult running around in fancy dress is sad.....I don't care there were lots of people in robes. I am definitely going back in a few years when they've built the expansion

labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 07:31 PM
It looks brilliant! I've not been since they built that. Which park is it in?

And I did have a chuckle at your cape...you fit right in with the Disney-mad Americans!

More pics please, I miss Florida.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Looks amazing! So what's Butterbeer like? :P
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 07:52 PM
They really know how to do theme parks in the US, Npt been for years, I think the last time I went was in the 80s when we did

Wet and Wild
Gatorland
Space Centre
Magic Mountain
Sea World
Universal Studios
Disney World
Epcot Centre
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I am going in Jan/feb for three weeks with my brother in his villa---http://www.americandreamhome.co.uk/

I am SO looking forward to Harry Potter---glad you thought it was amazing. Did you have the butterbeer?

We've done it three times and I don't get fed up I love all of it. This year we'll only do Magic Kingdom of Disney but seaworld, Busch and the universal parks. I have the tickets already. They do it so well.

rune
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Baz queued for ages to get on this when we were there. It broke down.......

I was sat outside in blistering heat waiting for him to come out.

I thought Voldemort had got him!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
It looks brilliant! I've not been since they built that. Which park is it in?

And I did have a chuckle at your cape...you fit right in with the Disney-mad Americans!

More pics please, I miss Florida.
It was brilliant. It'sin Universal Islands of Adventure. They have announced they are shutting down Jaws in Universal Studios, and that there will be a Potter expansion so it might go there, rumour has it there might be a Hogwarts Express link between the two parks

I'll post a few more pics, but I don't have much else of Florida as I filled up my memory card at Harry Potter

I was a bit concerned about wearing the robes so I took them in a rucksack, but there were lots of people (some older than me) running around the whole of Universal Studios in them! So I put them on, although I only wore them in the Harry Potter bit. No one batted an eyelid, although a few people thought I worked there

Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Looks amazing! So what's Butterbeer like? :P
The Butterbeer was yuuuummmmmmmmmy! Very sweet, but I like sweet so that was ok. They do chilled and frozen (like a slushy), I tried both but preferred the chilled. Apparently it's cream soda based, the froth on the top was to die for!

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
They really know how to do theme parks in the US, Npt been for years, I think the last time I went was in the 80s when we did

Wet and Wild
Gatorland
Space Centre
Magic Mountain
Sea World
Universal Studios
Disney World
Epcot Centre
I was only there three days, we spent two in Universal Studios/Island of Adventure and one day at Animal Kingdom. I was sooooo disappointed with the Animal Kingdom. I had heard it was one of the best zoos in the world. The Africa safari exhibit was good but the rest was tacky, too much theme park and not enough zoo, and hardly any animals

Originally Posted by rune View Post
I am going in Jan/feb for three weeks with my brother in his villa---http://www.americandreamhome.co.uk/

I am SO looking forward to Harry Potter---glad you thought it was amazing. Did you have the butterbeer?

We've done it three times and I don't get fed up I love all of it. This year we'll only do Magic Kingdom of Disney but seaworld, Busch and the universal parks. I have the tickets already. They do it so well.

rune
Have fun! I'm sure you'll love it, as I said my OH really isn't a fan and he thought it was incredible too Sooooo detailed and faithful and not at all tacky. Yeah, I had three Butterbeers in one day and felt sick though, so I'd recommend two max I wished I'd skipped Animal Kingdom and done the Magic Kingdom or Seaworld though.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Baz queued for ages to get on this when we were there. It broke down.......

I was sat outside in blistering heat waiting for him to come out.

I thought Voldemort had got him!

Oh no! It was perfect when we were there, good weather and we didn't queue more than 10 minutes for a single ride the whole time we were there, all the parks were half empty. I'd never go in summer, I'd melt! I love the Forbidden Journey ride, we got off, ran around and got straight back on three time until I felt a bit travel sick When I return I will definitely go on Nov/Dec again.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 09:01 PM

And I'm pretty sure I saw Voldemort....

Ok, I won't post any more.I don't want to ruin all the surprises for anyone who's going
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Oh no---the more the merrier for me. I have taken to frequenting the dibb and spend ages looking at the trip reports.

My brother did animal kingdom when he was setting the villa up and said it was naff. So I have never done it, Busch gardens is amazing though. I love seaworld and do that on my own a lot. Just meandering round and chilling out is fantastic.

rune
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >