Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 09:06 PM

Sasi the devil pup....

Lately Sasi has certainly been finding her feet around here.
Shes chewing everything, peeing & pooing everywhere, bites the hell out of Ruby when play fighting so bad that Ruby screams.

She won't let either Khal or Ruby get a drink out of the water dishes (there are 3 outside) & if either other dog are having a drink she nudges them out the way slops eveywhere & digs the bowl with her paws til theres nothing left in it.

At feeding time I have to put feed Sasi in the living room & Ruby & Khal in the kitchen otherwise she beelines straight for their food wether shes finished hers or not & they let her as they are so submissive.

If they get marrowbones as treats she'll stick with hers but woe betide either Ruby or Khal going anywhere near it, we get growling, bared teeth etc from her....She is around 20weeks old & is trying to the rule the place with an iron fist! No matter what I do , she takes absolutely no notice.

HELP ME GUYS!! I am totally at my wits end, I expect her to chew as shes a pup, its what they do best..I just feel llike am batting my head against a brick wall.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Oh crikey - that is some pup you've got there

Sorry, I am not a trainer, but just wanted to wish you luck and hope that someone with experience of this comes along soon to help.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh crikey - that is some pup you've got there

Sorry, I am not a trainer, but just wanted to wish you luck and hope that someone with experience of this comes along soon to help.
So far in the last 2 weeks shes chewed through a kitchen chair, the garden gate, the sky cables, she has pood in the car , in the kitchen everywhere except on the newspaper, wont even cry to be outside like she had started doing. I had problems with this before but I was giving her too much run of the house so put baby gates up & kept the back door shut til she learned to cry to go out...which she did...but seems to have forgotten it

She is going to be a very big girl judging by her parents & the fact that she is now bigger than Ruby & still has a long way to grow....I NEED to take control of her now, before she gets bigger & even bossier.

Ooops sorry for the rant

Thanks Bitkin xxx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 09:43 PM
That little list of misdemeanours would make a saint rant - I do hope that someone can help you.

A great many years ago, my parents had a terrier puppy. They lived in the Lakes, and were experienced with dogs but nothing prepared them for that little nightmare. She comes to mind because your Sasi sounds so very similar. In the end, my parents had to admit defeat and the little dog was given to the local hunt - she never looked back!! In no time at all she was leader of the pack and was declared the best working terrier they had ever had. Horses for courses and all that.

Still, my parents didn't have the benefit of Dogsey, so don't despair It would help your cause a great deal if Ruby or Khal would give out a bit of discipline now and again.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
That little list of misdemeanours would make a saint rant - I do hope that someone can help you.

A great many years ago, my parents had a terrier puppy. They lived in the Lakes, and were experienced with dogs but nothing prepared them for that little nightmare. She comes to mind because your Sasi sounds so very similar. In the end, my parents had to admit defeat and the little dog was given to the local hunt - she never looked back!! In no time at all she was leader of the pack and was declared the best working terrier they had ever had. Horses for courses and all that.

Still, my parents didn't have the benefit of Dogsey, so don't despair It would help your cause a great deal if Ruby or Khal would give out a bit of discipline now and again.
I have alot of patience, but my is she pushing it to the limit. I leave them kongs, squeaky toys, bottles with treats in when i go to work, she must be like a whirlwind as she manages to demolish anything else in her path too.

When im in the house she gets plentybof one on one attention, same as on walks...dunno what else to do.

Your parents lil dog certainly sounds like it fell on its feet
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 10:19 PM
I'd probably put a line on her and explain to her what is and isn't acceptable behaviour! Especially with Ruby.
Also lots of training for her food. Time out when she gets too OTT. Bones only when seperate from the others.

Back to basics with house training and crated when you can't pay her attention and catch her before it happens.

Be positive---it won't last forever!

rune
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I'd probably put a line on her and explain to her what is and isn't acceptable behaviour! Especially with Ruby.
Also lots of training for her food. Time out when she gets too OTT. Bones only when seperate from the others.

Back to basics with house training and crated when you can't pay her attention and catch her before it happens.

rune
I agree with the above - basics are the first step.

But WOW what a puppy! you've got some handful there!

I don't envy you at all lol

Let us know how going back to basic's works out
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post

rune
Thanks Rune, I'm gonna bag her food up today & start all over again.She is an intelligent pooch, she learnt sit, down & wait with no problem at all, she will still do the wait BUT only as there is a bowl of food involved, so yep back to basics we go.Khal used to give her a hellish paw swipe if she got out of hand, but he doesnt bother now & Ruby, well Ruby is just a scaredy cat & would rather hide under the table for peace. I've started taking Ruby to bed with me, just so she can get a good nights sleep without Sasi hanging off her xx

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I agree with the above - basics are the first step.

But WOW what a puppy! you've got some handful there!

I don't envy you at all lol

Let us know how going back to basic's works out
I swear slb she is the devil incarnate She looks like a preeeeeeeettttyy littttttttttle angelllllllllll but omg shes got horns somewhere I swear!! xx
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 07:48 AM
I refuse to belive that your little buddle of white fluff is that bad.... i think its all lies!

Seriously though, that dog has guts lol Shes really testing the bounderies isnt she! Little madam!

Good luck with the training, shes welcome here for the weekend if you (and poor ruby) need a rest lol (you will have to take her back though, and not when shes the otherside of the puppy phase lol)
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
I refuse to belive that your little buddle of white fluff is that bad.... i think its all lies!

Seriously though, that dog has guts lol Shes really testing the bounderies isnt she! Little madam!

Good luck with the training, shes welcome here for the weekend if you (and poor ruby) need a rest lol (you will have to take her back though, and not when shes the otherside of the puppy phase lol)
believe it, am thinking of dying her red & buying her a pitch fork to carry :P
Thankyou for the offer, Ruby says come take Sasi, shes timing you
In all seriousness though the little madam needs to start settling down, I'm dreading going in from work to see what shes chewed this time. Gonna put Khals cage back up, but for Sasi lol

xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >