View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 02:51 PM

Gutted - missed out on our perfect home for Cain!

So my and my bf are keeping an eye out for places to move. I'm currently living at home in a very busy part of London and would to love somewhere more rural where Cain could cope better without having to be confronted by hundreds of strangers and off lead dogs every day. It's hard to find somewhere which allows dogs, have a private garden within price range and has secure fencing.

Was having a casual look around and found this place

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/deta...ffa5d127358093

It looked perfect. Nice country type cottage (a bit old fashioned but I could live with that), technically Buckinghamshire but basically outer London, only 15 minute drive from Heathrow airport so not a million miles from where my bf currently lives and works. Big double bedroom in the loft which I would love. A good price. A nice big garden. Backs onto green belt land. Quiet. And ALLOWED PETS! Which is rare.

Admittedly it was going to be a git for me to get to work from there (I work in Central London), but I'd have found a way.

Rang up to arrange a viewing but it's already gone

Gutted.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 03:00 PM
What a shame. Can you ask the estate agents to keep an ear out for something similar?
Next door is rented though so if our neighbours ever move out then I will be straight on the phone to you though
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Yes, they said they'll contact us if any pet friendly properties with gardens pop up. Admittedly, the area would have been REALLY hard for me to get to work from without going through zone 1 which, which would have added a ton onto my monthly travel costs. Otherwise it would have fitted the bill nicely.

Now Egham on the other hand, that's only a few stations further up my normal train line and would be easy peasy to get to work from! Now, to arrange for your neighbours to go "missing".....
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Egham, memories, I nearly went to Uni there. Good luck xx
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Fast train to paddington and change.

Or Scooter.

and no - you didn't want that one - it's close to me. Well closer to where I work really - still harmondworth moor is pretty much deserted Monday to Friday.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah that was the only route I could see, but I currently travel zones 2-4 at £86 per month, from there would have been zones 1-6 plus some at almost £200 a month double the price! It's the having to go into zone 1 bit that's the killer.

We drive out to Harmondsworth Moor sometimes when we want some peace and quiet Going to look around Sipson.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Oh dear I read this thread wrong as I thought you meant you were getting a new home for Cain on his own!

I know you've had a difficult time lately but I'm glad to hear that's not the case!
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 04:09 PM
The same travel expense? Bus to Heathrow or Bus to Hayes/West Drayton?

May be a lot of rentals in Sipson - lot of the village was bought out by BA - who then rented out when the runway was cancelled (alledgedly not too carefully) not necessarily a plus. Would give it a visit. Richings park is prettier.

You'll miss Richmond park too.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Oopps double post
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Sorry Steph Didn't mean to frighten you, although I can see where I probably worded the title badly! Afraid we're stuck with the 'orrible old beastie Cain for sometime Although, yes, it's not been the most fun in the world lately!

Sosha, we have a friend who rents in Sipson and has a 3 bed house with huge garden for just £1000 a month and apparently as BA don't give too hoots about the property you can do what you want - have pets, redecorate etc. I was thinking of driving from there to Hounslow and getting the train in, that's only zones 2-5 so not too pricey. I'll have a look at Richins Park. I won't really miss Richmond Park too much, it's too busy for us most days Although you're attempts to talk us out of the area has scared me!

Bah, realistically I probably can't afford to move anyway, just getting carried away
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >