Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JAMIe1234
New Member!
Male 

31-05-2010, 08:00 PM

Need help - Dorset Bulldog and eating raw meat

I HAVE RECENTY GOT A 2 YEAR OLD DORSET BULLDOG and he was fead on raw chicken and beef withe the bones still in i have never fed any of my dogs on a raw diet and would like all the advice you could give me he just wont eat cooked meat or dry mix thanks jamie
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 08:50 PM
are you wanting to keep him on raw, and are looking for advice on how to do that? or looking for advice on maybe how to get him on to cooked meat or dry?
JAMIe1234
New Member!
Male 

31-05-2010, 09:25 PM
i wouldn,t mind keeping him on it if its good for him just dont know he pro,s and cons and whats best plus suplements confused lol
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 09:59 PM
There is quite a few raw feeding threads on here - and there is some raw feeding groups on yahoo groups that can be v helpfull

There are a few ways to feed raw
The method I use is mainly meat - 80% (roughly) lamb, beef, pork, turkey - whatevers cheep
10% (or about once a week) bones - tend to be chicken lamb and pork - beefs a bit hard and can break teeth
10% organ meat - liver, kidneys - whatever

I get tripe from pets at home which they get sometimes, fish and eggs when I remember
I dont add any veg or suppliments
silv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2010, 07:31 AM
I order my raw meat from landywoods, it has the bones and carcass already minced into it, so you dont have to feed bones if you are worried about it.
I add cider vinegar and ester c and dorwest keepers mix.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 09:06 AM
I feed raw meat & bones too & roughly follow the BARF diet. If you google BARF there's loads of info out there.

Personally I prefer feeding raw meat & bones (plus I include fish, juiced up veggies & offal, sometimes some of our leftovers) as I think it is far better for dogs, is fantastic for dental hygiene & is effectively what they have evolved to eat. So I'm not surprised that your dog prefers raw meat etc if this is what he's used to.

If you decide to continue raw feeding have a look at some of the BARF sites & forum threads to get an idea of how to go about it.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Hi Jamie you may find some information in this section..
http://www.dogsey.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218

If you would prefer to feed raw meat without the hassle of preparing it yourself maybe consider one of the newer raw diets like Darlings and Natural Instinct , both have interesting websites..
JAMIe1234
New Member!
Male 

01-06-2010, 06:08 PM
thanks for all your help everybody do u know any foood supplyers that deliver to central scotland
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm in Scotland too. There are not many places to buy raw pet food only really PAH. I feed mine Morrisons value frozen mince, I get bones from the butchers and chicken, offal etc from supermarkets. Morrisons do value chicken quarters in the fresh bit. They are big and cheap too. I'm still tring to find a butcher that does Pet food.
Shirls
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Jamie, you could try www.fife animal feeds. co.uk You can't order online but can phone or email for a price list and Steven delivers all over Scotland.

He does half boxes as well if you ask so you don't have to take the whole 20 packs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >