Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 03:35 PM

What is it about your breed!

Not sure if this thread has been done before, so sorry if it has!

But here we go - what is it about your breed/cross breed you love so much.

I got involved in the cresteds because my mum is, but i love them more than any other breed, there different, there loving, there always wanting to please you, there big dogs in small bodies, they are intelligent, there crazy and without fail have there mad half hour bomb around the house every night, there complete nutters, there bed warmers, they make me laugh every day with out fail, there friendly - out going little souls, there loyal and loving, I love there loving eyes, and the way they just look at you and you know you are there world, and most importantly they are great companions & family pets, and your life long friends...For me a breed like no other, a breed im in for the long run! Every crested i have ever meet has been the same as i just described them, we have rescue cresteds and some have had alot go on in there lives..but after a while the true crested character shines through!

Dont get me wrong i love our family Italian Spinone and my rescue JRT! But Cresteds will always be the breed for me!
silv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Well I am rather partial to bull breeds

So, I love my AB because..........
He moults like merry hell
He leaves slobber EVERYWHERE
He eats ANYTHING....so long as it fits in his mouth, its fair game!
He pretends not to hear me
He NEVER wears out or get tired
Haha.......Yep thats ma boi!!
And I love him
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Well I think for me I didn't pick the breed they picked me I was born into a Border Collie owning family, as my grandparents owned thier own land and farmed for years, plus I have 3 uncles that still do. I was toddling around in nappies with Border Collies
My first Border Collie that I personally own was at 10 and I fell on my feet with her, a bitch with the greatest personality and understanding of the english language she was very intelligent.
Since then its been Border Collies all the way (with the most beautiful JRT and SBT)
For me they are easy dogs.....
I love the fact that they are brain boxes and want to please.
They make me laugh with thier different personalities and ways, they are always trying to get one step ahead of me, keeping me on my toes...........and I keep them on thiers
I love thier fitness and enthusiasum to do things, they moult like billyho this time of year and I think most days I could make another BC with thier fur
Energetic, up for anything and clever......... just how I like it

PS....and they are mad.....just like me LOL
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by silv View Post
Well I am rather partial to bull breeds

So, I love my AB because..........
He moults like merry hell
He leaves slobber EVERYWHERE
He eats ANYTHING....so long as it fits in his mouth, its fair game!
He pretends not to hear me
He NEVER wears out or get tired
Haha.......Yep thats ma boi!!
And I love him
haha that made me laugh - he sounds perfect!

Aww Stevie thats so nice, i was brought up around fosters and rescue dogs, most being GSD/collie cross types! ohh i had fun with them!
Have only been involved in cresteds for the past 4-5 years but there is no other dog like them, its amazing to think if my mum hadnt got into them, i would have never gone out personally and owned this breed!
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2010, 04:19 PM
I sort of fell into Dachs when I was given one to look after while I found a dog I liked, and haven't really looked back!

I love the cheeky natures, and the naughty glint in their eyes. I love the great big tongue in your ear, just when you aren't expecting it!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 04:22 PM
I love my Lab cos she totally dizzy, wants to be friends with everyone and is just the most gorgeous girl ever she does not have a single bad bone in her body. She will play when you want or sit and have a cuddle...whatever she is happy!

I love my greyhound and longdog cos they do what they want! They love nothing better than a good snooze. But they can be hilarious clowns when they want and have you in stitches and they do the funniest zoomies in the world!

I would recommend a greyhound to anyone who is unhappy as they have this ability to brighten up your life without asking for much in return and generally they are no trouble whatsoever!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2010, 04:28 PM
I really wanted to own a Bernese after seeing the one in the pedigree jumbone advert I know I know it took me 3 years too get him lots of research visiting his breeder many times getting too meet the adult dogs too see what we were letting ourselves in for etc., etc.

He is stubborn. (That is typical of his breed) Not typical of his breed in as much as he is very fussy who he is friends with doggy or human, doesn't like strangers in the house so is always a challenge. Unlike both his patents who are absolutely brilliant with people and other dogs.

But he loves his family so much he sits on your feet, loves giving you kisses and cuddles and laying just where you need to be so you are always stepping over him. I am glad I have had the privilege to own of these dog.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 04:41 PM
I like my breed, because they're like having a friend, one who never asks of me, or has the last word either They're sooooo intelligent, that once you've trained them up properly, you move onto telepathy, coz they know instinctively what you want of them, and now that I'm on my 8th or 9th (can't remember lol!) nothing has changed. They never leave your side, they never take their beady eyes off you, and they do everything you ask (as long as you've taught them first!!!) without having to say it twice either, they don't do stubborn these dogs, they're too eager to please for that. No other dog would give me all that I have in the german shepherd that's a fact!

If push came to shove, they would give their life for their owner, but thankfully, I'm yet to cross that bridge!
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Well, I currently have a crossbreed, but I really want a border collie (I have a BC mix, so she fits this to some degree!).

I love their intelligence, their energy, their work ethic, their always trying to figure out what you want so they can please you. I love how they can sort out a totally unique solution to a problem. And I love how they're all so quirky!

And I will totally admit it, but I love how they look. I love their intense eyes; love the rough-coats with their awesome tails. I love how no two look exactly alike.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I like my breed, because they're like having a friend, one who never asks of me, or has the last word either They're sooooo intelligent, that once you've trained them up properly, you move onto telepathy, coz they know instinctively what you want of them, and now that I'm on my 8th or 9th (can't remember lol!) nothing has changed. They never leave your side, they never take their beady eyes off you, and they do everything you ask (as long as you've taught them first!!!) without having to say it twice either, they don't do stubborn these dogs, they're too eager to please for that. No other dog would give me all that I have in the german shepherd that's a fact!

If push came to shove, they would give their life for their owner, but thankfully, I'm yet to cross that bridge!
H - A perfect post. I couldn't have said it better myself.

All I would add is that for those who have never owned a GSD............................................... ...get to know one and one day look into their eyes. You will see a person there. Someone who really knows you and you know them. Someone who will laugh with you all day long, or sit up and cry with you all night. GSDs know everything. They never would voluntarily leave their owners and it's a bond that's so special that there's nothing that comes close (in terms of dog-human relatrionships).

I grew up in a family who owned mostly GSDs and Akitas. I used to ride on the back of my grandparents GS, Bess (if I can find the picture of me doing this at 3 years old, I'll upload it). No other breed comes close and once you've owned a GSD, there's no going back.

Laura xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >