Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Charliedadog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-06-2016, 07:01 PM

Get a second beagle they said, it will be fun they said

This is how our first two weeks looked after bringing Ollie home.
Our House was torn to pieces.
Lots of painkillers for headache and million times calling Ollie's name to stop him destroying something.
It was to most crazy two weeks in our lives
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Not playing for me
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Nor me. I don't understand why Charlie's recent posts are working for some and not others.
They play OK if you go direct to the YouTube channel.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2016, 09:32 AM
I laughed when i read the title of your thread Charlie!! Beagles are delightful dogs but 2 together are just double the trouble!! Double the amount of destruction, double rverything! They are more pack-minded than non-hound breeds and work together to create the maximum amount of chaos!!

They are absolutely adorable dogs who need bags and bags of off lead exercise ... swimming, anything to burn up that energy. Cycling is a good way to exercise them ... one tethered via a flexible spike to each side of the bike ... we did this when we had 2 large dogs ... a mal x wolf ben and a utonagan tai. Each weighing 45 kilos so well balanced. We only have ben now so he just runs beside my husband on the lead and off lead where possible. Jogging with dogs is also a great way to exercise dogs.

Within the home 2 large crates would save your home from destruction whilst you are away from the home?

Part of me is envious of you and part of me horrified!! Best of luck with your 2 norties but exercise and more exercise is the way to go! Good luck!!
Charliedadog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
Nor me. I don't understand why Charlie's recent posts are working for some and not others.
They play OK if you go direct to the YouTube channel.
this one should work
Charliedadog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-06-2016, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I laughed when i read the title of your thread Charlie!! Beagles are delightful dogs but 2 together are just double the trouble!! Double the amount of destruction, double rverything! They are more pack-minded than non-hound breeds and work together to create the maximum amount of chaos!!

They are absolutely adorable dogs who need bags and bags of off lead exercise ... swimming, anything to burn up that energy. Cycling is a good way to exercise them ... one tethered via a flexible spike to each side of the bike ... we did this when we had 2 large dogs ... a mal x wolf ben and a utonagan tai. Each weighing 45 kilos so well balanced. We only have ben now so he just runs beside my husband on the lead and off lead where possible. Jogging with dogs is also a great way to exercise dogs.

Within the home 2 large crates would save your home from destruction whilst you are away from the home?

Part of me is envious of you and part of me horrified!! Best of luck with your 2 norties but exercise and more exercise is the way to go! Good luck!!
Unfortunately weather is not always good in this country(Ireland) and we have small child at home ........morning are the worst because they are just simply bored. I have to wait for wife when she came back from work to give them a proper walk
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Poor pups! Reckon the child needs training more than the dogs.
Charliedadog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-06-2016, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by SusieL View Post
Poor pups! Reckon the child needs training more than the dogs.
Can you explain me why?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2016, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Charliedadog View Post
Unfortunately weather is not always good in this country(Ireland) and we have small child at home ........morning are the worst because they are just simply bored. I have to wait for wife when she came back from work to give them a proper walk
Just watched the video ... delightful dogs, sweet little girl ... but none of them seem to have any boundaries or respect for each other. The beagles are allowed to go freely where they will and the little girl whereas displaying a refreshing lack of fear, nonetheless needs to have her free spirit curbed somewhat!!

I take on board what you say about the weather in ireland, but neither dogs nor humans shrink!! There is wonderfully cheap waterproof clothing and footwear available for kids and adults ... personally I would wrap everyone up in wellies and waterproofs and take those 3 little scallywags out to have great fun splashing through muddy puddles and burning off some of that energy!! Beagles are hounds and very tough ... they really do need a lot of exercise come rain or shine. This would be my advice ... plus 2 smaller crates or 1 large one to put them in once you have given them a rub down and a drink. Better still if its possible for you, an outdoor kennel or shed with deep straw or shavings would give them time out plus an opportumity to romp together with some tough toys such as kongs.

Your daughter needs to learn respect in regards to the beagles ... they are never too young to learn this. Your dogs are delightful and doubtless would never hurt her, but a lot of other dogs would not be so tolerant.

Hope you dont think im being harsh ... i just think those beagles need more physical exercise possibly ... best of luck x gnasher x
Charliedadog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Just watched the video ... delightful dogs, sweet little girl ... but none of them seem to have any boundaries or respect for each other. The beagles are allowed to go freely where they will and the little girl whereas displaying a refreshing lack of fear, nonetheless needs to have her free spirit curbed somewhat!!

I take on board what you say about the weather in ireland, but neither dogs nor humans shrink!! There is wonderfully cheap waterproof clothing and footwear available for kids and adults ... personally I would wrap everyone up in wellies and waterproofs and take those 3 little scallywags out to have great fun splashing through muddy puddles and burning off some of that energy!! Beagles are hounds and very tough ... they really do need a lot of exercise come rain or shine. This would be my advice ... plus 2 smaller crates or 1 large one to put them in once you have given them a rub down and a drink. Better still if its possible for you, an outdoor kennel or shed with deep straw or shavings would give them time out plus an opportumity to romp together with some tough toys such as kongs.

Your daughter needs to learn respect in regards to the beagles ... they are never too young to learn this. Your dogs are delightful and doubtless would never hurt her, but a lot of other dogs would not be so tolerant.

Hope you dont think im being harsh ... i just think those beagles need more physical exercise possibly ... best of luck x gnasher x
Rain it's not a big problem, but a wind( every day is like a storm)......Laura just gets sick after one visit. Now Ollie is 8 month old and he is much better with our family. This video shows our first month with them ( our older dog wasn't happy with our new audition). They gets a lots of exercise and tricks training.