View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Apparently the pet one doesn't have the alcohol but most stuff I read about it was about the human one being given to pets. In fact I was thinking that if it did calm some pets it was probably the alcohol that did it!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Apparently the poet one doesn't have the alcohol but most stuff I read about it was about the human one being given to poets. In fact I was thinking that if it did calm some pets it was probably the alcohol that did it!
I'm sure it is.....I am sure it was that calmed me when I was frightened of flying a stiff whiskey may have done the same job.

I've used it for me, dogs and with the horses ( when we had them) never really gone by instructions just gave what I thought would work, whether it does or not is open for debate
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Apparently Bach stuff is not homeopathic. Doesn't meet the criteria for that.

And again and again I read that rigorous trials have shown no effect at all over placebo using them. And ...

Rather than using research based on scientific methods, Bach derived his flower remedies intuitively and based on his perceived psychic connections to the plants. If Bach felt a negative emotion, he would hold his hand over different plants, and if one alleviated the emotion, he would ascribe the power to heal that emotional problem to that plant.

He believed that early-morning sunlight passing through dew-drops on flower petals transferred the healing power of the flower onto the water, so he would collect the dew drops from the plants and preserve the dew with an equal amount of brandy to produce a mother tincture which would be further diluted before use.
Right. I definitely won't be considering any of that stuff then.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
I did`nt know they did pet specific
There is also a child specific Rescue Remedy.

http://www.iherb.com/Bach-Original-F...2&sr=null&ic=1
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Rather than using research based on scientific methods, Bach derived his flower remedies intuitively and based on his perceived psychic connections to the plants. If Bach felt a negative emotion, he would hold his hand over different plants, and if one alleviated the emotion, he would ascribe the power to heal that emotional problem to that plant.

He believed that early-morning sunlight passing through dew-drops on flower petals transferred the healing power of the flower onto the water, so he would collect the dew drops from the plants and preserve the dew with an equal amount of brandy to produce a mother tincture which would be further diluted before use.
HAHA!! If that is true, it's no wonder people are claiming it doesn't work. Kind of like sugar pills, they don't actually DO anything... merely trick you into thinking they do something so you'll relax thinking something is making you better.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Sorry about the very short and somewhat vague thread. My internet has been very spotty lately so I have to work fast when I can actually get an internet connection. The reason I ask about how much to give is because i'm not sure if it goes by weight of dogs or just 4 drops for all sizes.

Malka, did you give one drop concentrated or diluted?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Timber- View Post
Sorry about the very short and somewhat vague thread. My internet has been very spotty lately so I have to work fast when I can actually get an internet connection. The reason I ask about how much to give is because i'm not sure if it goes by weight of dogs or just 4 drops for all sizes.

Malka, did you give one drop concentrated or diluted?
Concentrated - straight from the dropper into her mouth. They say 4 drops but they state

Suitable for use with all animals, including:
  • Dogs
  • Cats
  • Horses
  • Birds
and do not distinguish between any.

I know that the pet Rescue Remedy is used a lot by people with epileptic dogs on the Epi List, who also find that just one [concentrated] drop on the dog's nose also helps.

I also have a friend with an epileptic grandchild, and the parents use the child version of Rescue Remedy to help calm the child following a seizure.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2014, 01:15 PM
I use human rescue remedy for myself and pet rescue remedy for Bailiie. For me it's two squirts direct onto the tongue; for Bailiie it's four drops and I add it to a biscuit and she eats it that way. I believe it works for us - I get nervous when skiing and have used it on several occasions and I've had the best days skiing
I've used it for Bailiie on New Year's Eve when the fireworks started - we were in bed at the time and they were very loud. Bailiie was frightened to death so I took her downstairs, gave her rescue remedy and sat down on the floor with her. I physically felt her relax and calm down - it was noticeable.
We used it whilst on holiday too - she gets a little nervous around people, especially if in the pub. I gave her some whilst we were just sat having a drink and OH asked had she had something? She went from pacing to sitting calmly. I believe it works and followed the instructions on the bottle.
My OH's aromatherapist swears by it and has offered to make my next bottle up for Bailiie - she's fully trained in the use of Bach flowers and can make stuff to suit relevant needs. I even used it when she was at our house, and she could see the difference....
I do know too that some folk have no time for things like this, so I guess it's up to the individual, personal preference and all that....

Susanna
New Member!
Female 

26-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Hi, as regarding the Bach Flower I have recently tried the spray and drops on my tongue to help me sleep, and also to help my labradoodle with separation anxiety. Doesn't seem to work for me but I will try it on my dog as part of training to see if it helps. X
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2