View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 08:04 AM
I am so sorry to read this. But she is much loved and although you are worried sick you have to remember she does not know a thing about it.
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2013, 09:09 AM
So sorry to read this, sending lots of gentle hugs & licks from the boys.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Hope you and Tonks are doing okay, Catrin. Jade has two large lumps under her belly. She's intact and apparently, these lumps are fairly common in older, intact bitches.

She's also had two removed in the past. Like 4-5 years ago. They were on her legs, and causing her problems. None are/were cancerous but of course have/had potential to become so.

One cannot be removed because of it's location and size (too large and too deep) and the other has been the same size/shape for 5 years now and doesn't need to be removed.

She is 11 and surgery just isn't a good idea unless absolutely necessary. Her heart is enlarged a bit and it's just a bad idea. I wanted to get her spayed a while back, but she was old and it wasn't recommended, either.

Probably should have done it, though. Would have certainly reduced the chances of these lumps appearing. Either way, hoping she doesn't develop a cancer or anything.

Lost my last Lab to cancer at age 15 to a squamous mast cell cancer tumor. Caught it too late, worthless veterinarian (long since changed). You seem like you've caught it early enough and Tonks might have a fragile system but I think she'll make it past the two years.

BTW... I have heard many good things about Atopica, and Nigredo does have some contact allergies. Not severe unless he rolls in it or something, but I cannot afford it at all, it's too expensive and he's not insured, and even if he was... the insurance wouldn't cover it
Fingers crossed it doesn't develop into anything nasty for jade. Although Atopica has been great for controlling Tonks' itch, and greatly reducing her use if steroids, she won't be on them again now and I wonder if I would have out get on them in the first place if I up knew it would inhibit her body's response time cancer cells. But I suppose most meds come with fins as well as pros.
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I am so sorry to read this. But she is much loved and although you are worried sick you have to remember she does not know a thing about it.
Thanks everyone. That's the great thing about animals isn't it. She knows nothing about it and certainly as happy as Larry at the moment. She's pleased as punch to be back on nature diet and charging around in walks as usual.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Catrina
Thanks everyone. That's the great thing about animals isn't it. She knows nothing about it and certainly as happy as Larry at the moment. She's pleased as punch to be back on nature diet and charging around in walks as usual.
That's the spirit girl! Dead right. You're giving her a good life. Better than what some fully fit dogs with no medical problems have.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2013, 10:01 PM
My old Molly had some cancerous lumps removed when she was 13 years old in the June. In the September she had a couple more removed and then went on to live a healthy life until she passed away at the ripe old age of 18.
There's hope for Tonks yet
Hugs to you all from Bailiie and me

catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Polarbear2008 View Post
My old Molly had some cancerous lumps removed when she was 13 years old in the June. In the September she had a couple more removed and then went on to live a healthy life until she passed away at the ripe old age of 18.
There's hope for Tonks yet
Hugs to you all from Bailiie and me

That's good to hear!
dave2003
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2013, 02:39 AM
so sorry to hear this x
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7