Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 03:58 PM

F***ing Neighbours! :-((

My neighbours have gone too far this time. Aside from attacking Yiannis and leaving him for dead, throwing broken glass & plastic, rotten meat and rat poison over the fence to injure or kill either the dogs or my Son, making false, misleading & untrue claims to the Local Authority (several different Departments), the RSPCA and West Midlands Police, they have now told me that my dogs are ALL barking ALL of the time, day and night.

Now, firstly, I have a camera in the kitchen and one out on the patio so I can see my dogs when they're not stuck at the hip. My dogs were shut in on Monday when the silly cow next door comes out to whine about them. She said they had been barking all afternoon at everyone who walked past. I pointed out that they couldn't get outside but she wouldn't have it.

On Tuesday afternoon, Oscar was out on his bike and I was cleaning out the car. Zane was lying down on the front lawn (which is long enough to lose small children in now ) and she came out, saw Zane and went back inside. She came back outside within a couple of minutes with a very large man behind her. I'm not sure if he lives there or not. She pointed at Zane and said "that's him. It was that one".

The man took a few steps towards Zane and stopped on MY path. Zane stood up but didn't move. The man stepped back (stupid man) so Zane stepped forward. He then took 2 very quick steps towards Zane who backed off, showing his teeth and growling. I asked him what he was doing. He ignored me. I then asked him again what he was doing. The man still ignored me (no surprise there really though) and put his hands in his pockets. Zane went berserk at him. He didn't move from where he was but was bouncing about on his front feet, growling, snapping, snarling, barking and showing teeth.

The woman who had kept quiet until this point then said that I should control him (and pointed towards Zane). I told her that my dog was under full control (which he wasn't but I'm very proud of how he behaved) and she should control her dog (and indicated towards the man).

They both just stood there looking at me so I asked the man to remove himself from my property - well actually I told him in no uncertain terms that if he didn't f*** off my dog would eat him. Both he and the woman then went back into their own house.

So why do my neighbours do this? Why can't they leave us alone? My dogs do play, they do make noise when they play, they do bark albeit not continuously and they do behave themselves when out in public. This is the first and only time that my neighbours have EVER seen any of my dogs offlead and although they seem to not like dogs, that is no reason to do what they've done since moving in 2 years ago.

I have had enough now and have contacted the Housing Department yet again. I have pointed out that they must be in breach of their tenancy agreement (their property is still LA owned) and I'd like to know what they intend to do about it. I doubt I'll get a response anytime soon but doesn't this amount to antisocial behaviour on their part (as far as the LA are concerned anyway)?

Will there be any end to it? Or do I have to push for them to be rehoused elsewhere before it ends? We should have been living in Hampshire by now but things haven't worked out the way they shoul dhave. So for ther timebeing at least we're here for a while.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Gosh, I really feel for you. They sound like nasty, vile bullies with far too much time on their hands. I'm angry just reading that because you should not ever be made to feel intimiated in your own home.

I'm assuming you have reported these idiots to the police for harassment? what, if anything, are they doing about it?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Yes they have been reported to the police for harassment and offences under the Public Order Act. About a year ago there was a domestic dispute at their house where Oscar was afraid to go to bed in case they tried to break in and hurt him. now this is from a littel boy who I admit has a wild imagination, but at the time he was only 5 years old and it's heartbreaking to have to deal with.

it's got to teh point now where if I saw any one of the occupants of the neighbouring property get run over by a bus (and no I don't drive one but I am tempted to learn!! ) I'd stand back and watch rather than go and help.

The police have done nothing and are doing nothing now. Just like ther LA. Just like the RSPCA when Yiannis was hurt.

I'm running out of options. maybe trying to talk tot eh media would help but then it only gives them the publicity I suppose they want. I've tried reporting them. I've even tried ignoring it. But nothing makes it any better.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Sounds awful. I know how stressful and upsetting it is when you have difficulties with your neighbours.

We got ours sorted out eventually when a counsellor advised me to contact the PCSO "Safer neighbourhood team" and they went round and had a word with them about their children's behaviour.

You shouldn't have to feel besieged in your own home.

best wishes for a resolution to your problem too.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Aw bless you hun. It is awful that people are allowed to make your life hell but unfortunately vile bullies and ignorant people like them have no fear of the police and people in authority. I moved onto a yuppy estate 4 years ago and as much as I don't like it very much the thing that keeps me here is the fact neighbours are no bother and I might get an awkward one if I move., I feel safe and when the world is against me I can come home and find peace and comfort in my home or garden. Every-one deserves this much. I really wish I could think of something that could be of help to you but appart from asking for a house exchange for yourself I cannot come up with anything xx
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2011, 06:59 PM
You should be very proud of your dog, they're lucky he didn't rip their stupid faces off!
I'd take the dog for an 'uncontrolled' walk onto their garden for toilet time
Luckily i don't think council will do anything about your dogs psychic ability to bark in her mind as no one else has complained about it
All credit to you keeping your cool, i would have flawed the man winding my dog up.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 07:49 PM
I was surprised at how Zane reacted but very pleased with his behaviour. I'd say he was surprised at himself too! My neighbours are asian and I think there is a certain amount of fear on their part. Having said that, my dogs have never shown any aggression towards anyone (although Yiannis will lunge at any of them if he sees them when out but who can blame him).

I own my property so cannot request a transfer or exchange for myself. Aside from that I agree that if I move I could end up with much worse nrighbours.

It's not that I feel intimidated by these scummy pieces of sh*t but they've scared my Son and that is enough for me to destroy them if I can think of a way that is legal enough for me to get away with it.

My house is a semi-detached property and we are attached to people on the other side of the neighbours causing problems. The people we are attached too have a Son about Oscar's age and a young baby. They've never been disturbed by the dogs. So that tells me that the troublesome neighbours are deliberately causing problems, not least since my dogs are usually asleep on camera at the material times they are supposed to be outside barking.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 07:52 PM
So sorry Laura, the situation is really intolerable.....

Hugs xx
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Oh my gosh, sounds like a total hell!! I would hate to live next to them...... I can't even imagine what I would do in your situation, but just reading this has infuriated me (at them, not you!). Grrrr!!! Just keep complaining; the police, the council, whoever actually owns the house (is it private landlord?). Geez, why are such scum allowed to get away with this? They could actually really hurt someone, let alone the damage they are doing by making your poor boy feel unsafe! If anyone EVER threatened my kids (not that I have one) or dog I would go mental..... grrrr!!

Could you start threatening to go to the media? I am sure a newspaper or something would be happy to print about someones misfortunes and the total failings of the council and police.......

I really REALLY hope something gets sorted for you and your family! *hugs*
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 08:02 PM
It may not be the ideal solution but is it possible for you to move?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >