View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wissansean
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2010, 02:25 AM
I chose Milo for mine we hadn't named him the first few days he was here and I was doing laundry one day and was lookin at him and called him Milo I just came to me and it suites him very well I think he thinks he is a cat sometimes he plays with his tennisball like a cat would yarn at times throwing it himself and chasing it and catching it and chewing it we also have 2 cats that he likes very much
blkntanbull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-09-2010, 01:56 PM
i have timo who was named because his multi ch,g.father is in finland now,so wanted a scandinavian name.incidentally means sent from heaven,which is how i feel about him .also have newbie(13weeks) mabel,named as i wanted an old fashioned name for her as she seems far too worldly wise to not have been here b4,lol!
moreforpaws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2010, 12:34 PM
My Westie pup is KC registered....I have never had a KC registered dog before, but we wanted a puppy (due to the kids, rather than a rescue) and we found this litter that was at the same price as non-kc registered.

Anyway....when we got him his kennel club name was Kendeci Courante. When my partner saw this they said "Ive always like the name Kendal"

But then immediately said "I dont know why i said that, ive never heard of that name before!"

But it stuck because of Kendal Mintcake. Not only is it off-white, which Kendal always is!!! But it is also very sweet....which he most definately is. Just hope people dont think that he is too sickly too!!!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Theo

named by my son after Theo Woofcott lol
vgstar44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2010, 05:04 PM
We were torn between 2 names for our Cocker!!!

Because of his colour being blue roan i thought Bramble or Bracken. Bracken being the more manly of the two in our house of boys i thought would be best.

I love his name although i have heard of a few cockers being called Bracken which really surpised me.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 07:25 PM
we had a few names in mind for our new liver and white springer, we had
Rowntree and Elton (cos of Watford fc) and then after we decided to name him Rolo (cos of his chocolate blobs on his back) we thought of Kernow (which is cornish for cornwall) cos of our families cornish heritage, but he had already learnt and had papers done for Rolo, so we left him.

His kennel club name is Kendeci Royal Spotter.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Bruce is named after my daughters first boyfriend!
It does suit him though! We didn't want any silly names for a big grown up dog! Even though I have 5 children I named him!
Neighbours dog is called Jelly! Lol!
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Esau - (rhymes with see-saw) - from the Bible, Esau and Jacob were brothers. There were two pups in the litter, both boys. 'Esau' means 'hairy one' and is also a Polish first-name. His litter-mate's pet name is Jacob.

When I was a baby, my parents had an OES called Esau. I remember chanting the children's rhyme, "I saw Esau, sitting on a see-saw, I saw Esau and he saw me."

My Westies (RIP) were Angus (he just was), and Paddy from the children's rhyme "Nick-nack paddy-wack, give a dog a bone, this old man came rolling home".

And before them was my GSDx called Wolf - because when we were looking at the dogs at an RSPCA centre, my sister saw him and said, "Oh, look at this little Wolf!"
LittleOscar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-10-2010, 01:06 PM
When we on the way to collect our pup. I suggested Oscar to my partner. The kids at the time did not know we were getting a puppy. On the way back home I suggested it to the kids and they liked the name. We did not settle on it for a few days, we trawled through puppy names on line but still came back to Oscar.
It really suits him as it's quite a mischievous sounding name. Also because of his fluffy appearance he looks like Oscar from the muppets. Also his mad behaviour at times he acts a bit like a muppet lol, but we wouldn't change him for the world.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Sadie - her owners picked it and it means princess in arabic or hebrew
Benjie - RSPCA named it him
Louie - Because it was what suited him
Page 35 of 46 « First < 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 > Last »