View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2010, 08:42 AM
I've used both Landywoods and Berriewoods in the past so will note my experiences with both companies for you guys.

We started Kiba off with Landywoods as that's what he had been weaned on and we knew that they would make the trip out to deliver it to us.

The quality is fine, there's plenty of bone and they add vegetables to their mixes as well which is handy if you're starting off with raw feeding. They also sell bags of marrowbones and lamb ribs which are a godsend if your local butcher is a pain like mine. The food is good value for money but you will need a decent sized freezer to fit the amount of meat in that you have to order to make the minimum amount!

The biggest problems I had with Landywoods were that it wasn't packaged very well...the end of the bag often isn't even tied so when you defrost the stuff you get pools of blood everywhere.

The more concerning problem was that both times I had Landywoods delivered they were late and the meat was half defrosted before it got to my house! Blood on the floor, meat on the floor and half defrosted dog food is not fun.

Products I ordered from Landywoods:
Puppy tripe
Lamb and veg mix
Veg mix
Lamb rib bones
Marrowbones

I have only ordered from Berriewoods once (my last RAW order) and I have to say that I was very impressed with the standard of their food. It comes well packaged, perfectly frozen and with no mess. I had to drive out to meet the delivery people because they don't come as far west as where I live. But the driver phoned me an hour before he arrived at our arranged meeting place which gave me time to hop in the car and go fetch the stuff. Everything I ordered was there, again it's good value for money. The main problem with Berriewoods is that they don't sell the raw bones that Landywoods do and they don't have vegetables ready added to their mix. But I will most definitely be using them again.

Products I ordered from Berriewoods:
Berriewoods lamb 32 case
Forthglade beef kennel pack
Natures Diet breeder pack

Hope this helps
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 08:57 AM
hi
i have never had trouble with landywoods other than they chopped up my turkey necks

i dont use vegs but follow the rmb diet (as well as f4d) so the veggie thing isnt an issue with me
lesleyo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 08:17 PM
check out the DAF site, durham animal feeds, they have a supplier in scotland who might be able to help
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2010, 10:37 PM
I get mine from Natural instinct and they have been brilliant!
lesleyo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-05-2010, 06:40 AM
you could always try [link removed]
blkntanbull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-05-2010, 09:57 AM
luchi,try mobilepetfoods,i use them as im in london and they deliver fortnightly.their prize choice mince is way cheaper than pets at home.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2