Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pointyhound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Yep, I agree with all of the above.
Ear canals are very narrow, so when a food allergy is causing skin irritation, the ear canals become easily inflammed and infections are easy to get and difficult to get rid of. It might not even be a food allergy as such, but changing to a better brand is always a good bet.

Vets are quick to jump on medical intervention without suggesting softer approaches first IMO.

Our vet (now our ex-vet) didn't suggest a change of food even though he was on something I now consider doggy junk food but didn't know better at the time. After recurrent ear infections we changed his food to something better and he was fine within a month or two (and now the vet gets les money off us - funny that!!)

For you, a change of food might not completely fix the problem, but might make it more managable with suitable ear cleaning regime etc.
silv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by gillcowie View Post
Thanks for the reply. Have you used Thornitt? If so can you tell me where I can get it to try on my Lulu please?!
Many thanks

Gill
Sorry not seen this, I get mine here
http://www.groomers-online.com/produ...ar-powder--20g
Chello
New Member!
Female 

10-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Ear infections are often associated with fluid. Does your dog have baths roll in puddles or get licked by other dogs? All this will add to the prob. To help avoid washing try Kote GLo Waterless Dog Shampoo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2