Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 02:12 PM

Thornit

My Thornit powder has finally arrived. The thing is though, it's in a plastic bottle which is un-sealed. There is powder all over the bottle and in the envelope too. Is it safe to use like this?!?!?!? I bought it via Amazon and it has all the company name and details on it. I've also inhaled it as a result, tastes like sherbert!

Also, can someone please talk me through step by step administration of it?

Thanks ;o)
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Any medical product should not be unsealed, I would get in contact with the company, I presume a number would be with the bottles details?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 03:00 PM
From these guys via Amazon - http://www.petmeds.co.uk/p-528-thornit-ear-powder.aspx

Have emailed them to query.
blkntanbull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2010, 03:08 PM
whenever ive bought thornit,even from different sources,it seems to be a little dusty around the bottle.ive also never had a bottle sealed like some conventional medicines are,just in a brown tablet bottle.youre wise to query it but as i say ive had it from several reputable sources and it always seems a little dusty.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 03:13 PM
This is what the company have just told me too. I'll go along with it then.

So, I dip the end of a teaspoon into the jar and sprinkle it inside his ear, but not down the hole? Then I rub it in?

Once a week?
blkntanbull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2010, 03:17 PM
yes id use the tip of a teaspoon and just the inside of the ear,not the canal.i tend to use it every other week and it seems to keep ear problems away,as one of mine has quite waxy ears.the others probably once a month,if that.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Thank you!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 03:23 PM
I can confirm that whenever I have bought it the bottle has been unsealed..I've usually picked it up at dog shows, its in a little brown medicine type bottle and last for years

When doing my dogs ears with it I have them laying down and flap the ear back, then just sprinkle a pinch of the powder inside the ear...in that funny squiggly bit and then leave it to work its way inside. The next day I've then cleaned the ear with the cleaner and you'd be amazed just how much dirt and debris the Thornit brings to the surface
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Thanks Sheree

I've just put some in, he was such a good boy letting Mummy do it!! I was really pleased with him.

Let's hope it works for him.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
From these guys via Amazon - http://www.petmeds.co.uk/p-528-thornit-ear-powder.aspx
This is who I bought mine from It came in a little bottle, unsealed with a leaflet and an elastic band around the bottle.

It's fab stuff, and should really help with Woody's ears
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >