Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
blkntanbull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-03-2010, 10:04 AM

Chaos getting round the trade stands

did anyone else have as much trouble as we did trying to find/see trade stands at crufts? we decided after judging to go shopping as we had alist of dog stuff to see/buy ,and although i had timo under my arm,we gave up after an hour as we couldnt hardly move in the crush or find the stands we wanted and timo was in danger of getting hurt as the "public" seemed to not mind knocking him despite being carried.we were disapointed not to have bought the things we wanted,i think it would be better if the stands were all in one place instead of spread over the 5 halls and maybe if the kc gave the exhibitors an hour or so to shop before letting the public in? dawn, my sister who was with us said"theres not much done for the exhibitors is there,it seems to all be geared towards the public".what do others think?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi,

I'd have to agree. It's definitely geared towards the general public and yes, an hour or so before allowing the public in before judging starts would be a good idea.
Or maybe for those people who lives a long way off, an hour after judging too, after the general public have gone (maybe between 430-530pm).

We went on Thursday and athough it was busy, we didn't have a problem getting about. It was a lot slower moving than I would have liked but we weren't bumping into people. We did find though that during the afternoon when it was a little busier we had to "protect" the dog from getting bashed, but on the whole, the GP were very good at looking out for dogs walking about I thought.

Laura xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

I'd have to agree. It's definitely geared towards the general public and yes, an hour or so before allowing the public in before judging starts would be a good idea.
Or maybe for those people who lives a long way off, an hour after judging too, after the general public have gone (maybe between 430-530pm).

We went on Thursday and athough it was busy, we didn't have a problem getting about. It was a lot slower moving than I would have liked but we weren't bumping into people. We did find though that during the afternoon when it was a little busier we had to "protect" the dog from getting bashed, but on the whole, the GP were very good at looking out for dogs walking about I thought.

Laura xx
how did buddy get on laura? I take it you omitted to have the dog on benching as you should have lol