Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
The urban and rural fox have diversified into very different populations. The reason the urban fox has adapted so well is that it is capable of scavenging from bins and living off human waste.
I was talking about the Urban fox not the rural one, so we are going to have to agree to disagree.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Zuba, I think you want to hear only what you want to hear (sorry )
It surely is important that adaption has made these other species what they are, as you are comparing your dog to a wolf, which it is not.

By asking about the 'goodness' I meant specific vits and mins that you are getting from meat, you are not supplementing am I right?
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
Zuba, I think you want to hear only what you want to hear (sorry )
It surely is important that adaption has made these other species what they are, as you are comparing your dog to a wolf, which it is not.

By asking about the 'goodness' I meant specific vits and mins that you are getting from meat, you are not supplementing am I right?
How have I compared my dog to a wolf? By what diet it eats? By that means should it be said that you're comparing your dog to a fox which it is not.

I am open to hear anything you have to say yet I have been waiting so far this afternoon and I have had little response from anyone who can give me hard evidence that dogs needs veg in their diet.

I asked you to tell me what goodness is in veg that they need that can't be gained from the raw diet (non veg). I do not supplement you're right.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
I was talking about the Urban fox not the rural one, so we are going to have to agree to disagree.
Yes I think we have different perceptions of what does make up the diet of the urban fox but surely there is enough TV footage of these feeding off human waste, mainly cereal based foods like McDonalds throwaways, bird feeders, bread from dustbins etc etc, to convince anyone that the urban fox is a true omnivore.

And this is my point about the fox.... a member of the same Canid family as the dog, same Carnivore ancestors, and evolved into a new niche that involves a drastic change in diet.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
And that drastic change involves eating or haven eaten VEG

I have posted before the list, don't make me write it out again, I will hunt for it!

Ok got it:
chromium, selenium, iodine, vit a,b,e,d mannitol, carotin (essential for vit a production) copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc, potassium...

can you get all these reg from just feeding meat?
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Yes I think we have different perceptions of what does make up the diet of the urban fox but surely there is enough TV footage of these feeding off human waste, mainly cereal based foods like McDonalds throwaways, bird feeders, bread from dustbins etc etc, to convince anyone that the urban fox is a true omnivore.

And this is my point about the fox.... a member of the same Canid family as the dog, same Carnivore ancestors, and evolved into a new niche that involves a drastic change in diet.
I am not going to argue with you about foxes, you obviously see/read different things to me, so lets leave it there.

This is going round in circles, you neither have the scientific data in order to convince me nor the inclination to do so.

I can't compare my dogs to grey wolves, which are their closest living relatives, yet you can compare yours to foxes, seems fair
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:33 PM
And that drastic change involves eating or haven eaten VEG

I have posted before the list, don't make me write it out again, I will hunt for it!

Ok got it:
chromium, selenium, iodine, vit a,b,e,d mannitol, carotin (essential for vit a production) copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc, potassium...

can you get all these reg from just feeding meat?
Can you direct me to a list online that explains what each is needed for, which veg it comes from, how much of it is needed and how it is ingested into the dogs system and I'll respond to it accordingly.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:40 PM
lol. Or

you could let ME know in which meaty organ you might find those constituents (I have used that word alot today)

Apparently you find them all in the liver, as it is the filter of the body. Unfortunatly all the other stuff, toxins, antibiotics (remember we are not dealing with carabou) collects there too, so no good to feed it regularly.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Seems this thread is going in circles;
I've already pointed out these things are readily available in a digestible format for canines in meat bones and organs.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Apparently you find them all in the liver, as it is the filter of the body. Unfortunatly all the other stuff, toxins, antibiotics (remember we are not dealing with carabou) collects there too, so no good to feed it regularly.
Jess, I used liver as an example in my post; not the be all and end all of sources.
Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »