View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:25 AM
I've never been to a horse auction, but I know my horse was sold though York auctions in summer 2005. They differ greatly from online auctions, as you can actually see the animal you are wanting to purchase, and I think there is a vet in attendance.

Personally, I wouldn't go to an auction or send an animal there - I would rather go and see an animal with the breeder/previous owner and pay a certain price, or get information about a potential buyer to ensure that my animal would be well cared for.
It's appalling to auction animals off over a website as though they're nothing more than junk out of your attic . And what sort of moron would buy an animal based on a single advert without asking for further information and seeing the animal first? And what sort of owner/breeder would simply sell their pet to the highest bidder without knowing what sort of home it will be going to?

I hope the RSPCA are keeping an eye on them
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Am i wrong or is it not against kennel club rules to auction puppies? maybe they can do something xxzbxx
i emailed him asking bout french bulldog see what he comes up with.

I know livestock and horses and chicken etc go to auction im not daft but pets,
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:45 AM
I hadn't thought about other livestock and chickens. Is it because they are classed as "livestock" and not as pets that it is allowed? I know my stepmum goes to a farmers market once a month, and they have cows and goats, etc for auction.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 01:25 PM
At our old livestock centre they often had rabbits, kittens and puppies, for auction, usually that were all farm bred, but like you say there was a vet in attendance and everything was checked, but I did complain anyway as no-one knows where the animals are going as you dont have to give any details before you leave !!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Some time back I went to a show in Tipton, Dudley. There were lots of livestock, including rabbits being shown. Then, if the animal didn't make the grade they were being put up for sale. I had two of my rabbits from there because I hated the way they were being handled. They lived for 8 years on afterwards, but no-one checked with me where they were going or what I was going to do with them.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Well for now there is not an animal on the site anymore Hopefully it will close down

Just goes to show what complaining can do
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Yes I just checked too and still no animals on there
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Live Animals Can NOT Be Offered As "Buy It Nows" or "Auctions" As This Is Not Ethically Correct. Live Animals May Only Be Listed As "Classified" Advertisements...

They have changed their tune
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5