24-09-2018, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Life View Post
Moobli great post you said everything so well
Thank you
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2018, 07:44 AM
People don't need to deliberately breed dogs for the world to still have way more dogs than can find homes. Why people are acting like dogs will go extinct just because people stop breeding on purpose is beyond me. Dogs die daily because there aren't homes for them. Loads and loads of roaming dogs and dogs born on the streets die daily. We don't need breeders to keep the species from going extinct. We just don't. For people to even say this makes me lol

Yeah maybe some breeds would go extinct. And? Why is this such a bad thing? Many breeds should have never existed in the first place. What a mess we have made of so many dogs. Natural selection would destroy many breeds outright and it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Just because someone has a dog doesn't mean that someone bred the dog. Many dogs were born there in the shelters or pulled from the streets where they were born. Not all our pets were bred by someone. And even if they were, I'm sure you don't support the backyard or "irresponsible" people who bred the mutts by accident, so why should we? The dogs don't deserve to suffer but the people should be frowned upon.

"Health testing" and all this has not improved the health and longevity of modern day canines and I don't stand behind it or behind people who swear that this is the hallmark of responsible pet keeping. Canine cancer and allergies and poor life spans are worse than ever. Even with modern day "advances" in feeding and all this, the health of dogs as a whole is not improving. I cannot speak for certain breeds because I have no idea about that.
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-10-2018, 04:47 PM
I have friends who work their terriers, they are not KC registered but are of Border Terrier type. He picks stud dogs for his bitches based on their working ability and temperament, as however good a worker it is he won't keep a snappy, hyperactive or dog aggressive animal. Working terriers may not be KC registered but they do have a pedigree.

Some owners say they can trace their dogs ancestry back over a century, but I don't know if they are joking or not😊

Most working enthusiasts breed to keep a dog for themselves or for friends to have one. Any that go as pets are sold for a lot less than non registered but "pedigree" dogs even though a lot more effort has been put into breeding them.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4