Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BorderCollieLvr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 09:27 PM

Diet & Exercise

I want to loose some weight whats the best sort of food to be eating and what fun excercise can i do besides doggie walkies.
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Edited: because I didn't read the bloody post properly Sorry

Becs
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Lots of aerobic exercise - walking, running, cycling, squash, rowing - whatever you like to do.

Foodwise - low fat (cut out biscuits, butter, pastry, cream, cakes, etc.(
Lots of veggies, lean meats (chicken, turkey, fish), some good carbs (wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta, wholemeal/brown rice, porridge), fruit instead of deserts, low fat deserts, etc., low alcohol I know that's horrid but it's empty calories, low sugar.
BorderCollieLvr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Low alcahol!!!! ill just cut out food and drink to make up for it! I guess i could get my bike out and maybe take my fat ass to the shop to buy the lambrini instead of getting a lift or going on the bus.
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 10:54 AM
I got a new bike so I could up the amount of excercise both myself and Abby get as she isnt allowed off lead and has just finished her season so has put on a bit of weight.
I wanted to take up kick boxing but nowhere around here does it so I will hopefully be starting Thai boxing(its supposed to be similar) in Sept, I am doing the detox Azz sent me, but as a rule I dont diet because I like my food far too much.
Good Luck
Mary
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 10:58 AM
i agree with everything LS said. cut out sweets, desserts, pastrys etc. Eat lots of fresh veg, fruit and eat mostly white meats such as chicken and fish, altho a bit of red meat is good for u.
Drink plenty of water cut out fizzy drinks.

altho remember, u dont have to cut out everything tasty, create a balance over time, so u can still have the occassional dessert
if u can cut down on alcohol then that will help drastically

theres lots of fun exercises u can do: cycling, swimming, martial arts, tennis, rowing etc
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by BorderCollieLvr
Low alcahol!!!! ill just cut out food and drink to make up for it! I guess i could get my bike out and maybe take my fat ass to the shop to buy the lambrini instead of getting a lift or going on the bus.

Forgot to add - exercises such as sit ups, press ups, squats, resistance exercises help to tone up and give shape too.

The more muscle you have the more calories your body uses and needs. Also muscle takes up less space than fat so you look smaller even if the scales seem to say otherwise.

A regime that you will follow for good is best, even if it involves a slower weight loss.

Shame I don't practice what I preach.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 01:21 PM
A good brisk walk, every day is probably the kindest sort of exercise I've found. In total I probably walk over a mile and a half a day.

Along with a healthy, balanced diet, low saturated fat, low sugar and salt, high fibre, limited alcohol (sorry) and plenty of fruit and veg, and of course, plenty of water (not including tea and coffee)
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 07:55 PM
swimming swimming oh and more swimming lol swimming is a fantastic and i think enjoyable excersise, im gunna have to start going again as i dont wanna gain too much weight with this pregnancy, its sssssoooooooooo hard to get it back off!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 08:08 PM
drink lots of water and eat lots of dust .......ok thats what little britain says

have battled with my weight for years ..from 8st to 14 st and anywhere in the middle...........
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >