Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2005, 05:57 AM

Scuba Diving

?

I am going to try it eRaze has made the effort to open this forum because somebody sugested it ? as a lot have seen that i do Scuba Diving ( I class it as a Sport) if anybody is interested i can give information about it

I am also interested in other sports

To My Pictures click here
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi Fred - I think it's a bit quiet here because it's under 'dog sports', but I'll answer your post.

I had a gift thing to try scuba (in a pool) but bottled. I almost drowned as a child and never really made it much as a swimmer. I could only do the breast stroke - weakly and with my head WELL above the water. I hadn't been swimming in years but a couple of years ago I tried again and managed to learn to perform the stroke properly, jump in over 12 feet of depth and not panic, dive (badly) off the side and swim a tiny tiny bit under water. Big result for me, but still couldn't bring myself to try scuba. All that time under water.

(That's why I always wear a life jacket on the speedboat).
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Other Sports
Interested in Schutzhund, flyball, tracking or another sport? This place is for you!

you have a look thats the thread i am sure i didnīt make a mistake again ?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Don't worry so much my dear. I'm not sure myself, which is why I haven't posted here before. I'd need a sign saying, "Linda post your sporting activities here", before I'd feel confident. Remember me saying if I could change things, one thing would be confidence?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Don't worry so much my dear. I'm not sure myself, which is why I haven't posted here before. I'd need a sign saying, "Linda post your sporting activities here", before I'd feel confident. Remember me saying if I could change things, one thing would be confidence?
np lucky you have cofidence if i post something and it isīnt right will get moved anyway
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Sorry guys! I meant this for other dog sports only

You can talk about sports in health and fitness
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Sorry guys! I meant this for other dog sports only

You can talk about sports in health and fitness
ok delete it
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Hi Fred

I qualified as an SSI open water diver about 8 years ago but was plagued with many problems which quite often took the joy out of it

But on the odd few days when everything would go smoothly (i.e. not throwing up over the side of the boat, being able to equalise properly, and getting a weight belt that wouldn't actually roll me around in the water - they were always to big for me ) then it was the most amazing experience - as you know so well

Apart from following fish around and feeling complete calm, the best feeling for me was going topside, having a good shower and going out with your buddy and crew for a meal that tasted like the gods had prepared it - senses were so empowered after a good dive.

Envy the fact you can do it with ease!

Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Hi Fred

I qualified as an SSI open water diver about 8 years ago but was plagued with many problems which quite often took the joy out of it

But on the odd few days when everything would go smoothly (i.e. not throwing up over the side of the boat, being able to equalise properly, and getting a weight belt that wouldn't actually roll me around in the water - they were always to big for me ) then it was the most amazing experience - as you know so well

Apart from following fish around and feeling complete calm, the best feeling for me was going topside, having a good shower and going out with your buddy and crew for a meal that tasted like the gods had prepared it - senses were so empowered after a good dive.

Envy the fact you can do it with ease!

One of the best things you can have do it again and keep it up
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Thanks Fred, I traded in my BCD & regulator and became a fully fledged snorkeller instead LOL or should that be the most kitted out snorkeller instead

Yes I'd perhaps give it another go but I think it would be best to start off with beach entry dives so at least I won't be feeding the fish with my sea sickness

Also interesting to note that everytime I went out with some dive crews - alot of them were quite macho and moved the group too quickly - I'm convinced that's why I had equalising problems because when my dive buddy and I used to go out we'd have no problems with equalising at all

Well it is a great sport when it goes well, that's for sure!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >