Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Hello Sweep

Please go and have a chat to your doctor because my mum suffered from clinical depression couple of years ago and we did not spot the symptoms early enough.Mum is fine now (better now than we can ever remember!),but was a long road which would have been easier if treated early on.

Please make an appointment with your doctor tomorrow.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2005, 06:50 PM
I too have suffered with depression, I don't think that mine was too severe. Once I even thought about getting rid of Blackie - god forbid. But you just loose of rational and feel so empty.

Ian
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
you just loose of rational and feel so empty.

Ian
that is so true
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 08:24 PM
I am really sorry to hear how people have suffered and are suffering with depression. My mum suffered from depression for a long time and it was a difficult time! Anyone suffering from depression should definately get profesional help suffering in silence will only make things worse! Big hugs to everyone feeling down hope you all feel happier soon!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 09:30 PM
To all of you who "suffer" and I don't think the word "suffer" has ever been used in a better context than with depression. I do feel for you, have never had depression but just had to say I am thinking of you all - take care Karen
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Yes I suffer with depression and have been suicidal many times I have had it on and off from being about 17 years old. I have had anti-depressants from the doctors but find they make my head fuzzy and unable to think clearly so I came off them. I am going through a kind of depression at the moment and had a struggle to leave the house to take my daughter to nursery this morning, I made myself do it though. I have really bad mood swings, some days I feel up and some days I feel really down and don't want to be with anybody I am not close to Depression is a terrible thing
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Some of the others have already said this, but it is great to see everybody rallying round, telling of their experiences and being supportive. Hopefully this will help you Sweep, and anybody else reading these post who is perhaps suffering themselves but feeling unable to tell anyone. It is very heartwarming to know that you are all there for the bad times as well as the good.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 09:39 PM
i think its great that everyone is brave enough to come out and admit that they have or have had depression. Its a subject that most are too ashamed or scared to talk about.
Counselling or seeing ur doctor is deffo the way to go for anyone whos brave enough!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by saz
I have panic attacks regulary because I am very self consious but i don't class myself as depressed. All I can do is give you all a great big hug and ask you to keep smiling no matter what. Also, if anyone wants a chat please just im me k xxxxx

Aww Saz, you're so nice, you really cheer me up
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 12:29 PM
agree with Jen its great that all we feel we can talk about it ......its so common and we all think we are so alone ...i'm still taking my anti depressents my symptons were ...

I just stopped feeling a lot of emotions like i didn't care ...but i did (if that makes sence)........... i felt tired and lonley ..i stopped going out cos i felt safer indoors

all these things sound odd but when your depressed it all seems so normal

I really thought i would be last person to ever get depression!!!!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >