Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 01:30 PM

Depression

Anyone suffered with this? Are there symptoms?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 01:45 PM
yes the symptons are you jsut can't cope with life........I woke up one morning in a really dark mood that lasted 2 years ....worst 2 years of my life
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 01:48 PM
just found this on a site for u :

these signs generally can range from constant sleepiness, to insomnia, to loss of appetite, to feelings of numbness, helpless, panic, and lack of motivation.

i myself hav been thru depression, started when i was about 14. long story.lol.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Feel like I flit from one thing to another - Don't want to see anyone, I have really had to force myself to go out today - Dreading OH coming home tomorrow(although he is only Home for 2 hrs as he is off to Hospital) And I feel stupid, that looks so daft now I have written it down. Am going to go and sort Bedrooms out, really need to pull myself together I know , sorry
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2005, 02:05 PM
I drift in and out of depression. Some days I'm fine, others I just want to be by myself, some days I just want someone to be with me, some days I just want to cry for no reason.

I found it easier to cope with once I realised it is often just a chemical imbalance in your body. Then I could handle that it was just that and I wasn't losing my mind. It does feel like nobody understands you and you don't think rationally. I found myself hating Aileen for no reason. She knows what to look for and she understands why. The one thing I would say that or me having a dog near me helps a lot.

The 'symptoms' that Jenny posted pretty much sum up how it is.

It's a horrible thing and I wouldn't wish it on anyone - well apart from people who tell me to 'smile because everything will be ok' to see how things look from my point of view.

Graeme
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 02:07 PM
ive just came off pills for depression ive suffered for 7 years
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep
Feel like I flit from one thing to another - Don't want to see anyone, I have really had to force myself to go out today - Dreading OH coming home tomorrow(although he is only Home for 2 hrs as he is off to Hospital) And I feel stupid, that looks so daft now I have written it down. Am going to go and sort Bedrooms out, really need to pull myself together I know , sorry
Sweepy (hug) no you are not stupid and it does not look daft written down, people with depression can't pull themselves together, it is an illness like any other ilness, a chemical inbalance ...try to keep busy and work your way through it, promise yourself little treats and rewards so you have something to look forward today.. and hopefully tomorrow will be better. If not we will all still be here
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 02:23 PM
but how do you know you got depression and not just down, or being lazy?

i feel like sh** all the time im always tied never want to do any thing would stay in bed all day if i did not have to get up so how can you tell?
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 02:31 PM
I suffered from depression i tried to kill myself a few times about 3/4 years ago, not a nice place to be
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Nat there is a big difference if you feel so down you could kill yourself and nothing makes you smile, you dont go anywhere do anything. You loose all sense of everything and everyone around you, thats depression..

Sweep: we are all here for you, ive been through it, if you need a chat PM me ((hugs))x
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »