Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
anna0000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2011, 08:15 PM

Thinking of getting a new dog

It prob won't be until next year but I am nearer to getting a dog, after losing my westie it's been so hard to think about getting another. But I really miss having a dog( though I would do anything to have Molly back) I keep looking at dog rescue sites. But I have a few things that bother me. 1st I would prefer a small dog but I'm leaning towards a westie or yorkie all the time, which are very rare in dog rescue. also if there is any they very rarely are suitable for younger children(my niece will be at our house quite alot when she's older. So I feel abit stuck with that, I know as I've said before they have to be careful but it seems so limiting. I would prefer not to go to a breeder etc but it sometimes seems the only way to get a dog. I feel guilty for saying that when there are so many dogs esp cross breeds that needs homes, and maybe when I start looking seriously I will fall in love with one and forget all about having a westie etc. But I wish in an ideal world there was maybe a rescue for each type of dog. But in an ideal world the best thing would be no dogs needing to be rescued because people looked after them and didn't over breed! Sorry about me going on. I hope I haven't bored anyone lol
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Check out dogs blogs/battersea/many tears their are all ways westies going up for adoption especially on dogs blogs
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 08:31 PM
so sorry to hear about your dog {hugs} to you.

for what its worth, when the time comes and you feel you are able to offer another dog a home westie's do have a few breed specific rescue's, a quick google search brings them up