Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2004, 10:49 AM

Bill Oddie tried to kill Norman!

Being the sensitive soul I am, I watched Bill Oddie telling us that our poor bumble bees are on decline. Armed with only a wallet and went and bought them a house to live peacefully in my garden.

And what did the b*ggers do???? Attacked Norman. Stung him dozens of times, knocked him unconscious and he pretended to be dead.

It gets worse.... our stupid vet has contracted out their out of hours surgery to a PDSA hospital 20 miles away. Had to nip the poor lad all the way to try to keep him awake.

So, for all of those who watch Bill Oddie - Beware. Of yes, he'll tell you how bees pollenate your flowers but he conveniently leaves out the fact they'll try to kill your dog. :smt071 :smt075 :smt088

And the PDSA charge £92.50 just to look at him and say 'oh, yes, he's in (funny word) shock'.

Anyway, he's fully recovered now but the bees days are numbered. Apparently, you're not allowed to disturb them. Well, they should have thought of that before they beat my dog up. Me & Norm hate bees. Bill Oddie's fault
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2004, 10:51 AM
AWWW joe poor norman

we have loads of bumble bees in our garden
so bill oddie can come take them
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Aaawwww poor Norman

I remember Luna last summer swallowed a bee and was stung in the throat! Quite scary.

Glad to hear Norman's okay again And Luna and I will join you in the "We hate bees" club!

Jeanette
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Blimey, poor Norman I'm glad he's alright now, poor lad!!

Are you sure it was big fat buzzy bumble bees that took up residence in the nice house you bought for them though, because they don't usually attack, being peaceable creatures who just like to buzz about happily cross pollinating plants. It sounds more like horrid nasty africanised bees - I saw a documentary about them and vicious brutes they are too, and Bill Oddie was nowhere to be seen extolling their virtues! Only I don't think we get africanised bees in Britain. Hmmmm..........did you catch a look at them as they attacked? Were they fat boys or thinner ones?

Maybe you could get a local bee keeper to come round and take away the house and bees?

Anyway, I hope Norman gets over the shock, and you do too. I always thought Bill Oddie shouldn't be trusted
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2004, 11:10 AM
LF, they were little fat round things (with evil faces). Had to pull half a dozen off him. Even off his little face.

They didn't have any clothes on so it was difficult to tell what their nationality was but they were nasty pieces of work.

I was in the garden and it was dark but they looked like little honey bees. Unfortunately, I squashed all of them on the path cos I was so angry with them. Wish I'd kept one...... could've posted it to you for identification.

My mate knows a bee keeper but have bought a smoke bomb to smoke them out. Garden is barricaded off to stop Furface getting near them but he actually ran away from a bee this morning (he usually eats them!). Lets hope he's learned his lesson.

If anyone knows Bill Oddie can they tell him he's not welcome at my house.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Poor Norman and poor you

I hate bees and wasps at the best of times. I have friends who,when they were little, would kill bees with their bare hands!
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Staffy,

Send your freinds round mine - I would have great pleasure in watching that! Norm says he would too
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Yikes!! The bumble bees have gone to the bad Perhaps it is a plan by Bill Oddie to become the despotic ruler of the world by gulling people into giving homes to seemingly inoccuous bumble bees, who are actually recruited to his secret army and will attack at the drop of a hat, or even at the sight of a sweet little dog, minding his own business!

I expect Norman will have learned to avoid them. Our Spike got stung by a something, we don't know whether it was a bee or a wasp, but his whole head swelled up horribly and he had so many huge lumps on his head that he looked like Elephant Dog. When we phoned the vet it was the other practice they share out of hours with and they just told me to give him any old anti histamine and he would be fine. But he wasn't really so took him to own vet next morning and they had to give him injections and said if it ever happened again he was to be given a Piriton immediately and rushed to them So we carry Piriton all the time now.

Anyway, upshot of all this is that if Spike now hears anything buzzing at all he hides, and Cadmus has decided that if Spike is hiding, he is too. Norman will most likely be the same, sensible dog

Humour aside, it must have been a horrible experience for you both and I'm glad Norman came out of it ok.

Lesley
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2004, 11:24 AM
I suppose all's well that ends well. But Bill Oddie deserves to be punished. Once saw him with a robin perched on his nose. Bet he superglued it there
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

18-07-2004, 11:30 AM
LF, they were little fat round things (with evil faces). Had to pull half a dozen off him. Even off his little face.

They didn't have any clothes on so it was difficult to tell what their nationality was but they were nasty pieces of work.

I was in the garden and it was dark but they looked like little honey bees. Unfortunately, I squashed all of them on the path cos I was so angry with them. Wish I'd kept one...... could've posted it to you for identification.

ROFL. sorry, but that is SO funny :smt005
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >