Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2024, 07:25 AM

Saturday 27th April 2024

Morning all. Have you ever thought of where you have lived and what was the best place? I have lived in 5 different roads, 2 drives and 1 avenue since I was born. That makes 8 different addresses. The best one was as a married human in a Road in Shoreham.The very best was a Road called Norman Road in St. Leonards on Sea where I did most of my young growing up. Mind you I loved the 60's, so I suppose Northease Drive in Hangleton where I lived was best for that. How many have you had, that's if you want to do it. You don't have to name the road. Have a good day everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2024, 10:09 AM
Morning
Knee is still sore, put spray on it and a support, I managed two stairs with no pain yesterday but then it started again, I am feeling thankful for a downstairs toilet!
Hmmm, I have had 3 permanent addresses and 4 semi permanent, where I am now is the place I have spent the most time but I don't like it here anymore, I would say my caravan in ingoldmells was the best place, just up a flight of stairs and I was on the seafront and my life was just easier then. Strangest place I lived....a brothel lol ( I had no clue)
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2024, 12:14 PM
That made me laugh Kelly. When I was younger and into nice perfume my dad always said 'You smell like a tarts boudoir'. My reply was always 'How would you know'? Sorry you are having problems with knees. Hope they can do something for you. Take care.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2024, 01:15 PM
Good afternoon Brenda and Kelly

Sorry knee is still hurting

Hope ou have had a good walk Brenda

Nice here this morning. Teazle was up for a longer walk, done some washing but put it on th airer as it felt damp in the air. With the help of Barry (shock) we have taken quite a bit of the height on one of the camellias which will make it easier to trim next year. I have lived in six houses. Had a great time growing up in my parents' house. The second was our first home together, couldn't wait to get out very small. The third house was where the boys started life then we moved to the fourth in time for them to start school then Barry took early voluntary retirement ant we got the kennels. Never felt like a home just somewhere to live and earn money. Now in our sixth house and am very happy here.

Take care everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2024, 03:44 PM
Good afternoon all from a very cold Skeggy in the easterly wind

Mmm, let me think. Started off in a council house in Barnsley, moved to a working mens club in Barnsley again. From there to another WMC which was the biggest in Sheffied. Got married and bought our first home again in Sheffield. Moved to a new home in Barnsley and again moved to another home in Barnsley. Then moved to Blackpool for my OH's work. Then back to Barnsley and finally to here in Skegness so a total of 8

It looks like we'll be having workmen in across the road again. They spent a fortune about a month ago having the drive done with chippings (looks awful), a fence put round the front garden instead of the wall and the crazy paving cleaned. Today the owner has been out and dug up all the crazy paving and a couple of guys have been in giving him quotes. Ted isn't going to be pleased if the workmen come back

My Grandaughter got engaged while they are on holiday in Rhodes. She and her girlfriend are already living together so this is the next step for them

Hope the knee gets better soon Kelly
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2024, 03:54 PM
I will explain
I was seeing a bloke and he asked me to move in with him, I was 19 and I didn't know he didn't have the landlords permission....wasa shared house, anyway, we got kicked out and had to find somewhere quick. He was a doorman and his boss said his bil had a spare room, so off we went. The property was in the red light district but tbh... everyone has to live somewhere so it didn't bother me, we turned up and it was grim...no carpets, TV that didn't work in the bedroom, no hot water and a strange house mate with one arm! I was just told don't ever go in the downstairs front room ( it had 2 living rooms) so I didn't. I went to the chip shop and some of the working girls were in there...I don't judge so was chatting w them and they asked where I lived...so I told them, didn't think much more about it. I went to meet Paul at the bar he was working the door at and I gave my address to the taxi driver when I was heading home, he asked if I worked and I said yes....I was a mechanic at the time and I said I was a mechanic...he didn't hear or ignored it and asked how much I charged so I said it varies depending on the job.... again I didn't think anything about it until he made a comment....I was really really upset about it and I rung Paul who went to where I got the cab and was going to murder the guy, likewise my dad got in the car and went looking for him....I think we were all upset as I looked about 14 and all I could think was he obviously thought I was a child. It wasn't confirmed where I was living until one of the neighbours spoke to me and realised I literally didn't know what was going on. my family weren't happy me being there but I was happy enough as I didn't get involved, there was a few issues when Paul didn't pay enough rent and it got to the point where he had to physically intervene as the landlord was getting on at me ( I had pointed out that Paul paid the rent.... nothing to do with me at all). Paul and I finished not long after and I left and went back to mum and dad's and he was locked up for attempted murder a little while after
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2024, 08:20 PM
Oh blimey Kelly. You certainly know how to pick 'em