Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 12:09 PM

Helping at more than one rescue?

I have just offered to be a volunteer to assess dogs and check potential homes for GSDs. However, I was wondering whether it would be ok to offer to help out at more than one GSD Rescue doing this kind of volunteer work, or is that likely to be frowned upon?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 12:12 PM
I can't see why they would frown on it - I have a feeling that plenty of volunteers help more than one.

To be honest, if the rescue wasn't happy with this, I'd think less of them (unless they came up with a very good reason why there might be a conflict)
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Speaking from the rescue side, help as many as you want to, i'm sure it will be greatfully received. I am rehoming co-ordinator for Nessr, but i have also done , home checks and transport runs for other rescues. There is a website called Rescue helpers unite where a lot of rescues help each other
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks guys. I hoped it would be okay, but wondered whether the usual politics might have reared its ugly head!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 02:38 PM
hiya

i help out staffie rescue but am also listed as a homechecker for the Oldies club - so cant see it being a problem at all.

well done you for helping
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-08-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't do rescue, but suspect they can use all the help they can get.

I think I am doing more good dividing my time between fostering for 2 different service dog schools than when we were only raising puppies for the dog guide school. I have been very open about it, and both schools seem comfortable with it.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks again. I will definitely let the second rescue know I am volunteering for the first, so will be open about it, just to make sure everyone is in the picture.