Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Azz
to be honest I wouldn't want Rocky to 'do anything' either - just him barking would be enough to scare anyone away!
Don't think he would even need to bark. A dirty look would probably be sufficient to send the baddies scuttling for cover
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2004, 12:25 AM
I can't agree with your more SB. I wouldn't want my dogs dirtying their teeth on scum either. You are wrong though that a look is enough to send baddies scuttling for cover though. I've been in several situations where I was hassled out with Tigger, and they didn't back off until Tigger put on a scary threat display. There were a lot of drug dealers in my neighborhood when we bought our house here, and my husband and I went out of our way to make the neighborhood safe... This gained us many enemies, and since I'm not the reclusive type,I've come in contact with some of them and their buddies out on walks. We also have jerks around here who like to jump out and say rah! With their hands over their heads to get a reaction I suppose? Not sure why. Either way, I don't want my dogs doing anything other than a threat display when absolutely necessary.

I am going to take Tigger to the TT test that will be in my area in October. The aggressor test is more extreme than he's been exposed to and I'd like to see how he reacts.

http://www.atts.org/testdesc.html
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-08-2004, 02:11 AM
That appears to be a very thorough and rigorous test Barbara. It will be interesting to see how Tigger reacts - do let us know your results.

By the way, my comment re Rocky's appearance was tongue-in-cheek, although I reckon he could look intimidating enough to make anyone think twice about taking liberties
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2004, 04:39 AM
Yes I agree on Rocky's appearance. I would have thought the same if I hadn't experienced people's lack of regard until a threat display... Criminals are crazy

The test is in October, I'll post an update then.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3