Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by leo
From those pics you posted Foxy enable your lan card again (local area network)

Okay I will give it a try tomorrow Leo cos I think Laura is asleep in bed now and I don't want to disturb her.

What do you make of the Choose a wireless network picture - I don't remember that coming up before when I have connected it
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Thats just asking what network you want to join

Ok Foxy do it tommorrow then sorry i couldn't be there for you tonight the kids wanted me to watch the movie with them
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Just to clear some things up this problem is on Laura 's pc not yours. Yours is ok with connection to the internet but not to the local network(the one in your house to see other pc's) Laura's pc can not access the internet on the wireless connection or the lan.

Have i got that right?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by leo
Thats just asking what network you want to join

Ok Foxy do it tommorrow then sorry i couldn't be there for you tonight the kids wanted me to watch the movie with them

Its okay Leo - I am very grateful for your help - thankyou

When you say what network I want to join do I have to do this because I never did this when I set it up before so why do I have to do it now - what has changed
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by leo
Just to clear some things up this problem is on Laura 's pc not yours. Yours is ok with connection to the internet but not to the local network(the one in your house to see other pc's) Laura's pc can not access the internet on the wireless connection or the lan.

Have i got that right?

Yes it is Lauras pc that is behaving weird - mine that I am on now and is downstairs is fine and Daniel says his is fine - he is playing Guild wars on line most of the time

When you say that mine is okay with the internet connection but not to the local network what does that mean - I'm confuzzled again
When I click on network connections the only one listed in mine is the local area connection which is the Realtek RLTL8139/ 810X Family ethernet and that says connected and is working fine
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-11-2005, 12:52 AM
It's differant in the way your setting it up.

Before on Laura's pc i would of guessed that you really didn't have to do anyhting to get it connected it just found the wireless signal from the router and connected to the lan and the internet.

Now your trying to set up a connection on her pc when she has one already all be it not working
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by leo
It's differant in the way your setting it up.

Before on Laura's pc i would of guessed that you really didn't have to do anyhting to get it connected it just found the wireless signal from the router and connected to the lan and the internet.

Now your trying to set up a connection on her pc when she has one already all be it not working

Have you any idea why its not working though because I don't want to mess things up by doing the other option because I haven't a clue what I am doing
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
When you say that mine is okay with the internet connection but not to the local network what does that mean - I'm confuzzled again
local network is your network your pc your son's and Laura's are all on your local network
This my local network as you can see i got full access to my son and daughters pc upstairs all drive all files and folders
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Have you tried restting the router or just switching it off and on again might do the trick.

Is the usb antenna that is in Laura's pc connected
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by leo
Have you tried restting the router or just switching it off and on again might do the trick.

Is the usb antenna that is in Laura's pc connected
No I haven't tried doing that to the router because if I lose Dans connection as well my life won't be worth living - I will have to run off with a bottle of Baileys and hide in the jungle somewhere (thats not a bad idea actually is it? )

When you say the USB antenna do you mean the belkin thingy wotsit that flashes with a green light
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >